ICE

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scampi

Reaction score
Whats everyone else got in there van?

I the moment I have nothing. Am driving around with my iPod on permanently.

But the plan for the winter is to have a go at the interior hopefully and fit some audio and visual equipment. Also afer a flat screen monitor, but all i seem to have found is 6 inch ones when i would rather have something larger (screen wise).

Had something priced for me on the cheap off a mate as he can get audio, but no screens and it came to £1300 which would of been a shit hot system but know i'm thinking it was probably somewhat OTT?

:?:

I've got a Kenwood cassette head unit, it looks old and valueless, under the seat will be a Kenwood 10 CD changer. I also have a NET Minidisc player which I'm gonna connect with one of the radio sender things and I'm gonna have 4x 4way 6x9 speakers.

jvc cd headunit that plays MP3's and it also has an aux input for when i plug my laptop, portable dvd player, ipod, etc in

one speaker working at the moment, must look into that and sort it out.

2 x 10inch subs kenwood with 2 X 4 inch industrial tweeters/ midrange! in the back running from a big old kenwood amp. In the front I`ve got 2 6 X 9s. This is all run by a Pioneer DEH-P6100R head unit. Ipod connector on the way, but so is the touch screen kenwood headunit 8)

Se my gallery pics of the back for the rear speaker set up.

Its a good quality sound and if you turn it up to much your eyeballs vibrate and you can`t see! not to good for driving!

Hint and tip of the day........... :D
If you want an added great sub sound, put washing up bowls over the backs of ya sub speakers. Only cost a couple of squids and sounds great!

swartie said:
jvc cd headunit that plays MP3's and it also has an aux input for when i plug my laptop, portable dvd player, ipod, etc in

one speaker working at the moment, must look into that and sort it out.

I have the exact same set-up and fortunately have both speakers working. I'd love to put more in but when when we travel we take our two dogs, 11 month old daughter and of course, the tools. Having the laptop is the real key...I'm able to check forums at VW shows and see if friends need certain parts I find. The wife loves that option. :roll:

[/quote]

I have the exact same set-up and fortunately have both speakers working. I'd love to put more in but when when we travel we take our two dogs, 11 month old daughter and of course, the tools. Having the laptop is the real key...I'm able to check forums at VW shows and see if friends need certain parts I find. The wife loves that option. :roll:[/quote]

Thanks dudes for all your help!

How does the laptop thing work then? I heard about this and not sure and where can you purchase the equipment from? What do I need to look for?

i have something like this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/JVC-KD-G521-CD-TUNER-MP3-WMA-RDS-IPOD-READY-BRAND-NEW_W0QQitemZ200041400757QQihZ010QQcategoryZ39759QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
and one of these
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/3-5mm-MP3-Aux-Jack-Cable-4-iPod-SONY-ALPINE-PIONEER-JVC_W0QQitemZ270044692507QQihZ017QQcategoryZ14932QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

and some speakers as well of course

I've got a ps2 in mine a 15" flip down screen pioneer head unit pair of infinity 6x9s 12" pioneer sub and a 6 channel jbl amp

this is the tv cost a few quid though
DSCF0051.jpg

reading these posts makes mine seem rather plain :( Just got a Kenwood cd head unit, 10 disc multi changer with 2 6x9 kenwood speakers in the rock'n'roll bed and 6 inch kenwood speakers in the front door panels. Also have a sony portable dvd player.

Like the sound of a tv but can you get normal tv channels on it or do you need a external ariel on your van??

Its gonna be digital very soon, so there will probably be some little gizmo on the market instead of an areial or a blinking great dish 8)

they do do digital in your car but the arieals aren't nice long external ones or ones that stick on the inside of your windows

i got the ps2 for playin and watching dvds on might be puttin the 360 in if i revamp the interior

got a flip down screen in my bora with a hdd player in it

i wouldn't bother with pioneer or sony screens as they are exactly the same screens in a different casing and double the price just for a badge.

if you see me at a show and you still haven't got a screen come and look at mine the picture quality is amazing on it better than my hd plasma

seen these on ebay, and similar other models ranging up to 2-300 pounds

anyone used similar ones, are they any good

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/10-4-Revolve-flip-roof-car-monitor-DVD-TV-IR-VGA-TFT_W0QQitemZ140050694947QQihZ004QQcategoryZ32826QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Latest posts