ideal glazing option for your bus, what you got/recommend ?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moneypit

Reaction score
Dear All,

Currently my bus has no opening windows with the exception of the cab doors. Planning to change to add some ventilation, but what to do ?
Anyone got some recommendations, some pros and cons of different windowing options ? Appreciate this is very subjective, but some honest real world likes and dislikes of what you have or had and why you changed (or wont) would be great.

opening front 1/4 lights ?
westfalia louved ?
sliding side ?
rear 1/4 lights ?

The opening front quarter lights are great for driving ventilation that’s controllable, also consider rain guards for the wind down windows meaning they can be left ajar in light rain etc.

Opening rear quarter lights are nice if they are in good order but can be prone to corrosion and damage at which point they are a liability.

I’ve had louvred windows and sliding windows and I’d say louvred all day long. Mostly from a security perspective , I was always a bit anxious about leaving a slider open .

Opening front quarter lights are fab for summer time and both open on a hot day are betterer than air conditioning (almost) :roll: just be a bit careful with rear 1/4 lights as the slider will smack them out so one side only. :shock: The Westy guys seem to like their el louvres but I’m sure the rattling would get on my tits, some say they don’t but I’m not sure. I’ve got a sliding side window in my side roller door and that’s especially good for a bit of air when I got the kettle on first thing in the morning and that with the pair of closeable roof vents (late Devon) is about all I need, I very rarely cook in the van though.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,, Doubt you’ll need more than that :mrgreen:

Oz raises a good point about roof ventilation- pop top windows and vents provide great fresh air.

Westy louvres don’t rattle ;)

Clem said:
Oz raises a good point about roof ventilation- pop top windows and vents provide great fresh air.

Westy louvres don’t rattle ;)

Apart from that we virtually said the exact opposite. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,OPINIONS ,!!! Who’d have em :mrgreen:

Latest posts