• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

In the States "Mother of BUs Graveyards"

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Good Morning all , I found this post on the Full Moon Bus Club .com , site this AM :!:
This goes on the wanted page for sure :wink: A members kid spotted this while going out west,in Moab Ut.
Called it the "Mother of Bus Graveyards" :mrgreen: Everyone here is trying to figuer out HOW as well :cry:

http://picasaweb.google.com/wfyoung1/MoabVWGraveyard_20080416/photo#5197377801917915154

Hope this link works ok :wink: Just tried it did OK :oops: Damn Newbies :wink:
Later
Garry De
{self edit}

blinking eck!! get over there now and send all the delux bits over and make yourself a fortune!! oh and the square and any cheeky split oval you find! :wink:

8)

I know if I was over there I'd be filling a container and shipping it this way......

How many sets of over riders bumper trims and deluxe trim do you recon you could get out of that little lot, all those orig panels and cuts :eek:

Justin & Mutley said:
Just booked my plane tickets - see ya!!!

;)

Get ya big suitcase im coming aswell! 8)

Tom Tom's Volkswagen Museum
(435) 259-6163
1809 Millcreek Drive Moab, UT 84532

check it out on google.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=1809+Millcreek+Drive+Moab,+UT+84532&sll=53.800651,-4.064941&sspn=12.501051,29.707031&ie=UTF8&ll=38.552956,-109.523268&spn=0.002018,0.003626&t=k&z=18&iwloc=addr

I've been to Moab, nice place, didn't see this lot though! I had a look on google earth and realised we were tantalizingly close though, it's not far from the main drag through the centre of town.
I stumbled across a similar yard in california on some backroad somewhere back in '99, There was an unwelcoming sign stating not to enquire about parts, if I find the pic I'll scan it in.

Is there any way on google earth of knowing when the pic was taken? at the bottom right of a pic of my house it says 2008 but it was taken about 4 or 5 years ago. It would be great if you could see whats in these yards at the time, before getting a flight and realising someone has already cleaned up the good stuff and have left you nothing but t25 and 70s beetles to look through, but i guess thats the fun of parts hunting...

markj said:
Is there any way on google earth of knowing when the pic was taken? at the bottom right of a pic of my house it says 2008 but it was taken about 4 or 5 years ago. It would be great if you could see whats in these yards at the time, before getting a flight and realising someone has already cleaned up the good stuff and have left you nothing but t25 and 70s beetles to look through, but i guess thats the fun of parts hunting...
I ahve just sent an PM to the Dubber that posted this first. He says that his son took the pics on his way east.
I'm trying to find out the date, reads like just this year...
Later
Garry De

If you look at the details of the photo it implies it was taken on the 16th April 2008 so I presume they are fairly recent, thats certainly what the file name of the photo implies as well as the fact it was taken on a Nikon D70 with a 50mm Lens.

Sorry guys, Tom-Tom's is incredibly well known. Old guy that basically wouldn't sell anything. He died last year i think and i believe his widow sold the stuff - or at least the good stuff. It's where the KCW barndoor delux came from. Search The Samba for tom-tom and you'll find loads of threads about it.

Latest posts