Indicators not flashing but hazards do

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pirateringo

Reaction score
Got a strange scenario with my crossover bus, thedicators come on but do not flash yet the hazzards do? Anyone got an idea why please? Lights on dash come on with hazards but with indicators don't.

Does your headlamps dip when the indicator stalk is pulled? If not it could be the indicator/headlamp dip switch on the steering column. If the headlights dip then it could be the combined indicator headlamp flash relay. Or wiring in between.

I've had this before and I am racking my brain trying to remember the cause!

Check your fuses first. My logic here is that you can have your hazards on permanent live as you need them when your engine might not be ready, but I _think_ your indicators only work on ignition live.

If it's not that, then relay is my next suspicion. Can you nab a working relay from a local van? I guess try yours in their van first and see if the symptoms are there or not.

If their indicators do the same thing, it's the relay. If it don't, assume the relay is good and the problem is somewhere else in your wiring or switch.

Latest posts