insurance question

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retro

Reaction score
i want to get Ret insured whilst im rebuilding him
obviously at the mo he`s stripped, no paint,engine not in etc so i suppose he`s not valued as much as he will be when ive finished him.
so how do i insure him, i mean do i get him insured as he`s finished, or do i insure him as he stands, then when he`s finsihed, insure him at full price, im presuming the insurance company would want photos etc?

who do you insure yours with?
do you insure under a classic policy or a normal policy?

I THINK that you can insure your bus as a project stored off road, i.e no road risks covered. Try contacting local insurance brokers. mine is insured with " just kampers" their broker is actually herts insurance. as for value try insureing for cost of parts etc. Is it in garage attached to house, MAY be able to do something with contents cover.
Hope this helps.

cheers dave, that makes sense, doubt he`ll be running til towards the end of the year, will give them a shout. ta 8)

I've always had mine with Heritage at Norton Insurance for as long as I can remember. I've always notified them of where it's currently stored/parked and what changes have been made, and they're perfectly fine.

http://www.rhclassicinsurance.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

i pay £109 a year (on or off the road)for me and my wife, i am 29 and i have no "no claims" and taht includes brake down cover all over europe. They won't do agreed vaule because i don't keep my bus garaged, but other then that, happy days :D

awesome :shock: did worry about having to start off with no no claims (seens this will be my second car)
thought my mk2 golf was cheap at £260.
ive no garage for it :cry: but its well hidden round the back of my house

When i 1st got mine i just insured it as a normal raodworthy bay (even though it wasn't) and limited the mileage to about 1500 just in case i managed to get it roadworthy within the year, that way i was insured to drive it to the MOT station (twice)

Use RH as well, great value for money. Have my '70 insured on chassis number with T&T and damage policy, whilst I ready her for an MOT.

Mines off road at the moment .. and was when I last insured it with Heritage ..

When I spoke to them, they said I could insure it for off road, but I saved about £30 ..

But when I then made it roadworthy again, was gonna cost me £50 or so to get it back on 'full' insurance ..

Just less hassle to keep it on full insurance in my opinion.. and like froggy says .. covers you for the MOT trip!

Hilly

cheers hilly, just wondered if theyd want photos of it, then theyd see mine werent on the road.
when i had the golf insured as a classic with flux they wanted photos for a agreed value etc.

I'm with Sureterm and they only want photos on values above £5000, i just insured mine for £4500 so no pictures needed :D

I'm with RH as well. Cheap quote, fully comp and cover on other vehicles.

That's with low miles and a separate daily though.

Latest posts