Insurance Rant

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stanleyboy

Reaction score
Thought I would vent my frustration on line :evil:

We have just had Stanley resprayed and decided to advise our insurer Adrian Flux of the colour change on to be told that the premium has had to be increased by over 25%!!!!!. Obviously not happy and asked why, to be told that as the vehicle is no longer a non standard vehicle that the underwriters need to increase the premium, as seemingly it will cost more to respray.

Despite explaining that after 40years Stanley had undergone various colour changes and was not a standard colour when I took out the policy as the 6 photos provided at the time the policy was taken out clearly indicated. I may be wrong but I don't think metallic bronze was available in 1968.

I have informed them that I will not be re newing the policy.

Maybe it's just me, but I think I am being taken for a mug.

Rant over off for a cup of coffee!

Andy

Some insurance companies are shocking at the moment, give cherished a call, get good service and save yourself some cash :mrgreen:

I agree with you, I have paid the extra, under duress because I need to get old Stanley back home from paintshop this weekend, if I had known they were going to hike the premium I would have cancelled the policy and taken out a new policy elsewhere.
I will give Cherished a call when policy runs out. :D

OHyes" certainly with you on that one my friend! the devil as they say is always in the detail ! the "secret" i have learned is never to assume once you have nailed it via your phone/comp conversations with ins. company that its done and dusted, when policy arrives READ every line of all that small print and go back to them if unsure ,remote purchases>you have a legal cancellation time window ! ive changed fromFLUX to JK just this week,thou i am awaiting the policy to arrive.

my reminder just came though and its gone from £165 to.............wait for it..........£379!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: and nowts changed on it so why ?? guess who's shopping around this then year

montypsx said:
my reminder just came though and its gone from £165 to.............wait for it..........£379!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: and nowts changed on it so why ?? guess who's shopping around this then year

I change every year for all my policies - they attract you with low pricing and recoup this by increasing every year, it's an industry standard tactic as most people just let it renew,

my mum was with the same insurance broker for over 15 years......needless to say she saved a load when switched

totally agree with Lard , change your company mate, at jk my 5 years ncd is a factor thou obviously, all details are a factor, but that mark up, montypsx>is a piss take !(imo)

I received an email from Adrian Flux this morning asking if I was happy with their service, well I did not hold back with my response, but to be fair they came straight back to me to say that they were sorry and whilst they could not change the increase in the premium they would not charge the £25.00 admin fee as a gesture of goodwill. The thing is no one mentioned this admin fee when I was on the phone yesterday!!

I will need to give them a wee call in the morning.

Andy

Just bin them off. There are plenty of insurance companies out there for none of us to have to put up with shoddy service. That's why I'll be leaving Cherished when mines up for renewal.

I will be looking for a better deal when the current "deal" expires. Unfortunately they will all be much the same, really just after our money. hey ho nothing new there then LOL

I will be looking for a better deal when the current "deal" expires. Unfortunately they will all be much the same, really just after our money. hey ho nothing new there then LOL

Latest posts