Insurance - young/new drivers

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

formbyjules

Reaction score
Can anyone out there help? My 20 yr old son has just passed his test today and I was hoping to insure him on the camper van. Finding it very hard to get anyone to quote. VZI will insure but ONLY if he is the registered owner and then its £1800 on a limited mileage of 8000 per year. I'm reluctant to transfer it into his name. Other companies wont insure campers, others wont until he is 25 etc. LV will only quote on campers if you have your other cars with them and they wont quote until you have your other cars actually insured with them. Can anyone help/suggest some options? Thanks.

Can't help but unfortunately thats the way it is these days, £1800 for a policy if he's just passed his test seems about right to be honest, my 22 year old lad pays £400 for his beetle and he passed his test when he was 17.

I think we flagged this may be an issue when you first posted a few months ago, lots of the underwriters have changed their policies and Footman James won't insure you on a classic now until the age of 25.

Dare i say have you tried Adrian Flux, they may take your money but dont expect much support if you need to claim

Have you tried all the regulars

RH
Cherished
Footman James (although I know they won't)
Sureterm??
Herts Insurance
Just Kampers
Performance direct
Heritage

Look in the back of a VW mag for others

coop aka cis seem to be good for young drivers.call rather than internet gets a better deal for some reason

to be fair tho 1800 seems cheap compared to most kids insurance nowadays.my buissness partners lads 1.0 saxo on an r reg cost him £3400 the first year :shock:

I work for a company called Ctrack and we provide & fit telematic systems etc.... We're currently going into partnership with an insurance company called Coverbox. They aim to cut cost for young drivers etc.....

It might be worth trying them :?:

http://www.coverbox.co.uk/news/coverbox-and-ctrack-evolutionise-vehicle-insurance-telematics/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Latest posts