Interior

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scampi

Reaction score
The plan for the winter is to get the inside of the van ready for the shows and camping next summer.

I'm after things such as material for the sides and ceiling.

Pretty much everthing including a new rock and roll.

The main thing I am going to be worrying about though is the material like I said earlier.

Anyone now where I can get some new stuff from?

:D

I'm in the middle of a resto on my '68 Westy. The interior was chopped by the previous only and replacement westy units are far too expensive. I've kept the original birch ply head liner, a new westy poptop canvas from JK. All of the side cards are going to be hardboard, covered in wadding and a vinyl outer. I'm using the old westy bed, recoverd in hardwearing denim style cloth and am having a new foam matress cut to size. All of the stuff is coming from a local firm called Trago Mills, but you can get it all from DIY stores and haberdashers. I am using all new beech effect formica for the units, that is dirt cheap from Focus/Do It All. I'll just copy the westy units for a plan. So I'll end up with a westy with a slightly custom inside, but to be honest the westy wasn't quite to my taste anyway. If it had been in great nick I'd have kept it. I'm keeping the old units, just in case.

Hey scampi, a great place to start is go to your local haberdashery (how ever you spell it!) shop and check it out. Every town has a good material shop and you will usually find some good leatherettes there aswell. These are great for door panels and seats depending on what look you want.

See my van in the gallery, this is all in leatherette.

Another great source of materials is http://www.vwcampercurtains.co.uk

They are great there and you can check out loads of different types of materials on the website, plus they will send you a sample of anything you like the look of and best of all if you can`t be bothered to cover the panels yourself, they will do it for you!

Happy hunting! 8)

Latest posts