Jacking recomendations

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tenjoegreen

Reaction score
I need to buy the essentials for van driving as my microbus came with nothing more than a spare wheel. What kind of jack does anyone recommend? What other bits of kit should I be runnning with to avoid embarassment and laughter? :?

small trolley jack is good. Machine Mart do a nice light weight alloy one, although its little pricey. carry spare, leads, plugs, points, condensor and dizzy cap. Or change the points to Petronixs electronic ignition, costs about £40 and easy to fit. Does away with the points and condensor.

Oh and welcome to the forum.

I use this set which packs away into a plastic case and sits nicely under the r&r

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/66742/Van-Car-Accessories/Jacks-Stands/2-Tonne-Combi-Kit" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

uber cool said:
Or change the points to Petronixs electronic ignition, costs about £40 and easy to fit. Does away with the points and condensor.

Even if you do this keep the points and condenser as spares in case the pertronix fails ;)

Or don't take any of it and just take a mobile phone to get your money worth out of your chosen provider of breakdown cover :lol: :lol:

Marvel said:
Or don't take any of it and just take a mobile phone to get your money worth out of your chosen provider of breakdown cover :lol: :lol:
True, but it could be the difference between a 10min fix and a 2 hour wait for them to attend :mrgreen: :mrgreen: And if abroad even longer to wait.

uber cool said:
Marvel said:
True, but it could be the difference between a 10min fix and a 2 hour wait for them to attend :mrgreen: :mrgreen: And if abroad even longer to wait.

another thing if you do carry the spares you could get them to fix the problem with your spares if your stuggleing, theres loads you could take but i pritty much stick to engine stuff and bulbs + fuses, plus a few nuts bolts washers etc incase something falls off :), jack wise i plan to use a land rover discovery bottle jack plus some wood to drive the van on to to raise it up enough to get it on reason is its very compact and has a U shaped top to make sure its sturdy on what ever you jack on.

i think its just kampers but you can buy a full engine seal kit for not much will hopefully get you out of trouble, full oil container and stuff do a full oil change, i have a buddy seat bottom full of spares

and get a BIG fire extinguisher powder i think is what i have :)

Latest posts