jacking

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sharky71

Reaction score
hi fellas.

i need to jack van off deck to get all me wheels powder coated,only have two axle stands,can i leave other end on chocks of oak or am i asking for trouble.
if i can which do you reccommend to put on axle stands and which would be ok on chocks?
i'm thinking back end for axle stands.

sharky. ;)

Sounds ok to me, but you ain`t getting under it to do any work while the wheels are off are you ??? And the chocks are a good size I take it and not stood on their ends ?? I actually supported the front of mine once on two,,,,,,,, you guessed it, beer crates :shock: with a chunk of ply on, popped them under the ends of the beam. Also had wheels under him and didn`t get under either :? Suprising how stable they were ;)

Ozziedog,,,,,,,, Famous last words and all that :lol: :roll: :lol:

I'm taking a stab in the dark here -Stella crates by any chance Oz :lol:

simo said:
I'm taking a stab in the dark here -Stella crates by any chance Oz :lol:

Kinell !! Funnily enough ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, no :shock: I got a good stock of beer crates (ex builder) but I ain`t got a Stella one :shock:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,, NOW ,, I`m on a mission , Stella crates anyone ???? :lol: :mrgreen: :lol:

Ozziedog I have 2 Stella crates but they are an invaluable part of my resto tool kit I may consider giving therm away when I eventually put some wheels on my bus!!!

I`d buy them off you just for a bit of fun :lol: I have a complete builders set which comprises of a couple of Britvic ones which are about 6" high, I have everyones favourite,,,, a blue Courage best one,, I have a brown Whitbread crate about an inch bigger and a couple more of similiar sizes,, and the two biggest ones are about 12" high, one is a real Cocacola crate and one is a light green one,,,,,,,,,,, wait for it,, wait for it,, no not Stella :lol: But Corona !! but Corona lemonade from way back in the past, anyone remember Corona lemonade ????? :shock:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,or did I just dream that ??? :lol: ;) :lol:

Weird,,,,,,,,, how weird is that :shock: :shock: :shock: That was exactly what I was thinking when I was posting that :mrgreen: I was also thinking why I hadn`t thought of it before, I know they are mega tatty, but hey :D That`s the whole thing with the way I roll my bus :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,, So ????? What shall I put in them ????????? :mrgreen:

ozziedog said:
I`d buy them off you just for a bit of fun :lol: I have a complete builders set which comprises of a couple of Britvic ones which are about 6" high, I have everyones favourite,,,, a blue Courage best one,, I have a brown Whitbread crate about an inch bigger and a couple more of similiar sizes,, and the two biggest ones are about 12" high, one is a real Cocacola crate and one is a light green one,,,,,,,,,,, wait for it,, wait for it,, no not Stella :lol: But Corona !! but Corona lemonade from way back in the past, anyone remember Corona lemonade ????? :shock:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,or did I just dream that ??? :lol: ;) :lol:

Ozzie, as much as I hate to admit it , I remember the 'Corona man' - he used to deliver Corona around my way in an old van. Raspberry was my favourite - remember that ?

Can't remember what van it was but it would be too much of a coincidence for it to be an early VW panel.

If you don't settle in your new job you could become a 'Stella delivery man' but I doubt you'd make it out of your garage :lol: :lol:

They used to sell corona in the off licence opposite my nans where I used to go for my Sunday dinner every second Sunday which was a bit of a treat as my nan used to send me over the offy to choose either a bottle of Corona or a bottle of Tizer :shock: I used to be over there for ages trying to decide :lol: but nan would let me have a whole glass to myself with my dinner, and she wouldn`t tell me off when I pinched an extra swig when I was pouring our glasses in the pantry, she must have spotted me as I did it every time. Tried explaining this little ` luxury ' to my nephews once and they thought it was a joke but they weren`t getting the punchline :? When I told them that as a kid we didn`t have a fridge and going to my aunties and getting an ice cold glass of milk was just so dreamy,,, again they were still waiting for the punchline :roll:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, And we used to live in a cardboard box,,,,,,, :lol: ;) :lol:

Sharky...

Don't forget to clean up round the bolt holes after your powder coating!

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=32925&start=0&hilit=Loose+wheel" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Latest posts