Kitchen unit / Gas vents

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LDM68

Reaction score
We are hoping to add a kitcen unit to the T2 and was looking for advice regarding gas vent, I assume there should be one in the gas locker (for 907 bottle) and another below the hob? I am guessing they need to pass through the floor and belly pans which look like they are welded on? Seems wrong to be putting holes into a camper!

I am leaning towards building the unit and then have someone fit the stove/gas, any recomendations, we are in SE London / North Kent.

Going to be honest I haven’t got one. I have a SMEG cooker and a gas bottle underneath in a cupboard. I do however turn the gas off at the bottle allowing the flame to go out before turning off at the cooker. That said we only use it for brews and poached eggs. Everything else we cook outside as we don’t want cooking smells in the van. I also disconnect the bottle before moving.

You really need them fitted, as you say, one below your gas bottle in it's locker and one below your fridge/hob.

I have a couple of these fitted in my van.

As long as you rust proof the cut edges and seal them well in to the floor then there should be no real issues. I fitted mine about 13 years ago and there is no rust and never any water splashing up through either.

LDM68 said:
We are hoping to add a kitcen unit to the T2 and was looking for advice regarding gas vent, I assume there should be one in the gas locker (for 907 bottle) and another below the hob? I am guessing they need to pass through the floor and belly pans which look like they are welded on? Seems wrong to be putting holes into a camper!

I am leaning towards building the unit and then have someone fit the stove/gas, any recomendations, we are in SE London / North Kent.

As an alternative you could just use one of those compact single burner stoves?
We’ve used ours for 10 years now. [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

mike202 said:
LDM68 said:

As an alternative you could just use one of those compact single burner stoves?
We’ve used ours for 10 years now. [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

To be honest we use an external hob most of the time and will probably continue to do so but fancy a proper unit anyway.

Latest posts