Labour of love

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gagvanman

Reaction score
After the recent engine bay refurb, got the engine in with help from my son. Connected everything up and during a dry run (no ignition, no fuel) got a horrible rubbing noise. Removed fan belt, found the noise coming from the fan area. Found that when putting the engine in, must have pushed on the fan housing and it moved slightly. Fixed this issue. Plumbed in fuel, and external oil cooler. Engine started first turn of the key, but stopped after a couple seconds. Trying to restart, only getting a click from the starter solenoid. Out with the starter, stripped down, cleaned, bushes checked, back in the engine. Still no start. Quick trip to GSF in Lincoln and the best part of a ton for a new starter and the engine now turns over, only to find oil pissing out of the ext cooler all over my drive. Engine off sharpish, checked oil line connections, after a clean up found the oil coming from the matrix. So out with the cooler and lines re-routed just to the external oil filter.

Checked lights, all working except for the hazard flashers. So out with the glove compartment and a wiggle of the fuses and relay, hazards now working.

buttoning everything up only to find that now the rear hatch lock is not working!!!

What next, hoping to go to Glampfest on the 17th.

Good job I love my bus...

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I know exactly where you’re coming from. Last night after the pub, my mate is gonna show me what a ‘chump’ I am by fixing this issue I’ve been having with my alternator and oil pressure lights after I took the dash out for an excuse to put some leds in. This was about just before or just on midnight and we have four or five pints on board for good measure :roll: . Half past two this morning, and we have an alternator light but nuffink on the oil pressure, I’ll run with that for the time being to get me up to our Earlybay camp out and I’ll just replace all the fuses that were mangled last night. Turns out that one of the connectors may have had an iffy solder joint or was just plain iffy but still in one piece :roll:

P.S. that’s just showing off , having a rear hatch lock, working or even not working ;)

P.P.S. You could test drive it over to Banbury and have a few beers at the Camp Out :p

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,work of the devil them there lecky tricks :mrgreen:

The joys of a classic car lol🤣🤣🤣

To be fair, sometimes i get upset when things like this happen, but after i accept the challenge and sort out the issue, the feeling of satisfaction is unbelievable😁😁

Just think about Ozzie’s experience with his mate in the pub; how would you get experiences like that with a modern car?🤔 The newer generation will never have the same fun we have🤓🤓🕺🕺

I love every minute of it☺️☺️

Abel🤓

Latest posts