Late bay steel wheels that look like early bay steel wheels??

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davla

Reaction score
Do these exist??? My early bay has late bay discs on the front and late bay drums on the back. I'd like to fit early bay steel wheels but obviously the stud spacing is wrong....any ideas?

I`m sure that you can get adaptors to do this but then you end up with a widening issue and maybe not be able to fit your rear wheels unless you can conjure up some wheels with an extra large E.T. but I don`t know for any. You could possibly force fit early hub caps to camoflauge the 112 PCD and we could keep the secret. But getting genuine wide five caps is a bit of a mare as most repops are made of monkey metal with the very best quality summer chrome guaranteed until theres a cloud in the sky :lol:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,, not a real harsh fit :mrgreen:

Early 5 x 205 14 inch wheels wont fit on late bay discs even with 25mm adapters as the caliper is in the way of the rim. Supposedly you can grind the caliper to make it fit however I tried it with an old caliper and no way was it going to work.

72baywesty said:
Early 5 x 205 14 inch wheels wont fit on late bay discs even with 25mm adapters as the caliper is in the way of the rim. Supposedly you can grind the caliper to make it fit however I tried it with an old caliper and no way was it going to work.

This is possibly one of the reasons that wide 5 15” wheels are very popular. I do know of one early with discs and fourteen inch wheels and I’m guessing there’s more about, but split 15” wide 5s should make it easier.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,, hub caps for the win :mrgreen:

ozziedog said:
72baywesty said:

This is possibly one of the reasons that wide 5 15” wheels are very popular. I do know of one early with discs and fourteen inch wheels and I’m guessing there’s more about, but split 15” wide 5s should make it easier.

It's possible.... but you have to remove lots of caliper where the thru bolts fit leaving only a couple of threads holding the caliper halves together not exactly ideal.

72baywesty said:
ozziedog said:
72baywesty said:

It's possible.... but you have to remove lots of caliper where the thru bolts fit leaving only a couple of threads holding the caliper halves together not exactly ideal.

Exactly,, this is a friends camper although I have not looked at that part of it ,I was guessing along the lines of what you’ve said^^^ yet this is a fairly reputable company, perhaps they’ve used a different type of caliper :roll:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,hopefully :mrgreen:

Latest posts