leisure battery and interior light switch connection

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fredamens

Reaction score
After reading all of the posts regarding the leisure battery 12v and 240v hook up i have one more question if anyone can help.

Once you have installed the leisure battery/fuse board and it all singing all dancing, how do you connect up the existing interior light switch connection as it is switched via the dash. I appreciate that you have to re-wire the light to your new fuse board so that its runs via the leisure battery but i wasnt sure about the switch.

Thanks Fred

There will be a power cable from the original fuse box to the dash switch which then goes off to power the interior light in the back.

Check a manual, figure out which fuse it is then move the cable from the original fuse box to the leisure battery fuse box.

Easy!

My internal light has its own switch on it, so i traced the wires to and from the switch, removed the wire going to the switch (from the fuse board) and connected the other wire to the leisure battery. The light is now tunred on & off via its own switch.
Oh and i used the original switch to operate my electric washers ;)

in a similar vain, does anyone know where the flourescent light on a dormobile terminates/originates? does it go down one of the a pillars?

wilgartw said:
in a similar vain, does anyone know where the flourescent light on a dormobile terminates/originates? does it go down one of the a pillars?

i know this is 6 weeks too late, but i've just done this job, and the flourescent light on my dormobile was tee'd with the passenger interior light

Latest posts