M Plate..............Heres mine. (originally posted by Clyde

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

(originally posted by Clyde)

Mine reads like this

22 8

51 8

21 426 D67 507 517

UA 2310 523907 9009

And means

22 8 =Scheduled production date(22 Aug) Hannover, 51 8= Opening in roof with reinforcement for pop top,

2 =type1 1600 engine, 1= 4 speed box, 426= MPH speedo laminated screen padded dash US spec.

D67= So67 conversion with camping extras(tent), 507= vent windows in cab door, 517= factory preped for campmobile interiour.

UA =LA delivery, 2=Type2, 3=Kombi, 1=LHD with RH slider, 0=Standard version

5=special paint job, 23= Type2 Kombi, 907= Pearl White(L87) 9009=Chassis No.

With the D67 option you get everything that proceeds that in the options book ie A67=campmobile int, B67=popup roof, bed and built in roof rack.

In 1968 when my bus was ordered the 1/4 lights in the cab doors was a $15 option, the D67 camping interior option was $1075 and included the Tent.

where are these numbers again, i would like to know if my pannel should or shouldnt have the vents in the rear pannels by the engine air vents?

whats the code for them vents too??? any onfo would br great!

cheers
alex.

On 68-76 T2s the M plate should be behind the right hand seat.
If you have any trouble post a clear photo of it or type it out (exactly as its written) and i will crack it for you.
The best info i can find about the upper vents places them in with aload of other M options.
The M code is "M510"

spund ive got me m plate, ive forund the info off a link from this stie,

mine is...

008 500 510

008, it just say's... ????

500... is the full partiction (non walk thui to you and me) with double cab passenger seat.

but next one is the one i would like to know more about...

510...Partition upper between cab and load compartment, with load compartment ventilation (for vehicles with M500 only)

now the thing i would like to know is, does this load compartment ventilation thing mean that mine would have been fitted with vents oin the rear pannels, or does it mean, as its on about the full partition, that its not fitted with a cab divider, you know to keep the load area septerate from the cab, them woodern false wall things with th esmall window in..... i think it means this...

if anyone with a pannel has the numbers for the 3 vents in rear pannels so i can check that would be cool, im gonna scrole thu em now to be doubly sure!

.....edit

managed to find m code 215, Without louvres for ventilating load area, only with M500/510

thats basically saying if it dosnt have this code it should have the vents right?

and 711 says...Without ventilation louvres for load compartment

now M code, 519 says's Ventilation louvres for cargo compartment... kinda contratiction this info!!! lol

othjer than not finding ou the main info i wanted to knowabout ive found out loads of other great info,like the the correct paint code for neptune blue, i thought mine was dove blue, and the colour of my seats are wtrong although thy look like they have been there sinve VW!!! also my van was made and exported to holland......... wicked site!
cheers
alex.

Latest posts