master cylinder

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im looking at fitting a CSP kit and ive had different reports. Early Bays are non servo duel circuit. Its not this which is the problem its the size of the plunger in the cylinder. Some say its ok (creative being one of these) but CSP say different. Ive spoke to some people who are running the standard MS and others who have up graded and without running side by side it would be hard to tell.
Im going for the upgrade as i dont see the point in fitting a dogs danglers brake set up (at a cost of £600) and then run the old MS which was only good enough for the old system.

clyde said:
Im looking at fitting a CSP kit and ive had different reports. Early Bays are non servo duel circuit. Its not this which is the problem its the size of the plunger in the cylinder. Some say its ok (creative being one of these) but CSP say different. Ive spoke to some people who are running the standard MS and others who have up graded and without running side by side it would be hard to tell.
Im going for the upgrade as i dont see the point in fitting a dogs danglers brake set up (at a cost of £600) and then run the old MS which was only good enough for the old system.

im doing the same soon

CSP front disc kit with a new master cylinder

Fit 71-79 non servo master cylinder as res will fit it, also easier to fit T piece in front pipes rather than run two seperates.Put CSP on 69 double cabs if need anymore info STEVE 07979460118.

The early dual circuit master cylinder will work fine with the CSP discs as they have more than enough capacity to operate disc brake calipers but if your going for new brakes then why not replace the old master cylinder with a new non servo 71-79 master cylinder while your at it for such a small cost, you won't notice the difference in braking ability though.

done and brakes sorted its looking pretty fecking cool if i do say so myself!!
:wink:

soon as i can shrink em they will be up no worries!
munchos and photobucket arnt letting me post em for some reason!
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
ill get on the case though and get on with it
:wink:

My '71 has a dual circuit master cylinder with assistance like later ones,
Is the csp kit compatible with the assistance?

Other question:

My calipers, 71/72 models got two piston ans the csp calipers have only one piston.

Are the OEM calipers more efficient?

I'm asking those questions because I'm planning to convert my 5*112 PCD to 5*205

Thanks

I updated my 68 with a 71 master when I swapped out my drums for 71 discs...I'm running it without booster and just added a Wolfgang adapter and ran a T between the front lines to master...for the resevoir I ran a late beetle unit behind front seat with beetle m/c plastic fittings in bus m/c...works great...but that didn't answer your csp kit question did it :oops:
297474.jpg

297476.jpg

Looks great though and works grand i bet! 8)

apparently if you use the early master cylinder it makes the calipers drag.
basically a drum set up keeps some pressure on the the wheels cylinders but its not needed on disc brake calipers.
so if using a drum master cylinder on a csp kit the pads kinda stay on, wearing out quicker and heating up the discs, it can cause warpage
also id personally change the master cylinder when upgrading brakes as they tend to fail soon after in my experiance.

Latest posts