Met anyone famous ???

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Met Tony Robinson (Baldrick), when he was doing a Timeteam in Swindon. Got a picture somewhere of him holding our lad.

ooohhh...i like threads like this!

ive jammed primus tunes with matt belamy (muse)
met doug wimbish - bass player for living colour
best friend at primary school is colin firths cousin
worked in a kids adventure park for 2 years with matt goode who played ozymandias in watchmen
sue lawly lives near my mum
photographed cheri blair up close and personal
and also photographed noel edmonds
i have a hand written letter from david baileys wife
rikki james...hes famous isnt he?!? :p
celebrity chef micheal caines....speak to him regularly
ive stayed at kirsten from 'senser' house
spent the day with spencer dale, executive director and chief economist of the Bank of England
seve ballesteros
will young was a waiter in a restaurant i used to eat in
bill pertwee (the warden in dads army)
g love (as in g love and special sauce) met him in newquay
my dad was friends with paul simon

that'll do for now....

Brian Blessed rode a train with him Bristol Temple Meads to Newcastle, yes hes as load in reality "89"
Harry Enfield Newcastle train station cafe waiting for the Bristol bound, me and a lairy group apeing his Loadsa money character "Bugger all money" loe and behold the character appears on stage (wheres my cut Mr Enfield) "88"
Jet Black and Dave Greenfield (and the rest of the stranglers cant remember the line up then) at Mount Alice Falklands probably their smallest gig ever in a heated BV shed :lol: mad 24 hrs though 8) "97"

Plenty of footballers - current and ex-pros - and quite a few Welsh sports stars, because of my work ...

... oh, and Roy Walker - it's good, but it's not right!
:p

Without trying to sound too cocky it comes as part of the my 'day' job in the events/conference industry.

I suppose its really what you count as famous as I've met the last 3 prime ministers, most of the current cabinet, most top sportsmen/women in the last 20 odd years and to be honest most of them are just like ourselves and mainly down to earth although some of them are complete arses but I'm not going to name names.

As the Production Manager I often get the job of putting radio mics onto them before they go onto stage so you soon get to tell who are the nice ones and who aren't by their attitude towards you :lol: :lol:

I went out with the bass player from Selecter, the ska band, in the 80's

and ate Rowan Atkisons sister in laws placenta .... not all of it :lol: :shock:

type2tattoo said:
:shock: :shock: :shock:
Had to read this again, thought you said you'd eaten Rowan Atkinsons sisters placenta, oh you did :?

froggy said:
type2tattoo said:
Had to read this again, thought you said you'd eaten Rowan Atkinsons sisters placenta, oh you did :?

Sister in Law, yes sorry its a very weird claim to fame :lol:

type2tattoo said:
froggy said:
type2tattoo said:

Sister in Law, yes sorry its a very weird claim to fame :lol:

In the haze of this mornings hangover I read " ate Rowan Atkinsons sister" named Placenta :shock: but the original is just as grotesque and macabre :shock:

type2tattoo said:
bottom rung said:
Did you have beans with it?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

It was back in my traveller/hippy type days and wasn't as grotesque as it sounds, it was cooked :lol:

Glad I wasn't eating my breakfast while reading this.......
:lol:

I think we need a new thread... "eat anyone famous?"

Getting back to meeting people who are/were/consider themselves famous, apart from the usual B-listers opening the local fetes, and taking landing fees from various tightwad jockeys when they flew in to race at the local course, I once got pressganged into serving at a formal meal in which her madge was present. It was out in Belize in 85, and the conditions were rudimentary to say the least. She didn't bat an eyelid when presented with a few platefuls of the local cuisine... The menu made it into the Sun a few days later. Thank god I didn't have to eat it. Game old bird.

thru_a_lupe said:
ive stayed at kirsten from 'senser' house
Wow - Proper stoked that someone else remembers Senser....they were they tops....

A couple for me:

Matt Pritchard (Dirty Sanchez) friends since kids, he came to my wedding.
Played in bands with the boys from Lostprophets.
Kelly Jones (Stereophonics)
Stuart Cable (^^)
James Bradfield
Nicky Wire
Gruff Rhys (SFA)
Grant Nicholas and Taka from Feeder
Chris Cornell from Soundgarden
James Hetfield (Metallica)
Keith Harris and Orville (and the Monkey)
Rick Astley
De La Soul (last week)
Most of the Welsh rugby squad
Frankie Boyle

buddysbuddy said:
Wow - Proper stoked that someone else remembers Senser....they were they tops....

yeah man!!! just got their new album.... signed as well!!!! its a flookin good album...and they are back on form!
yeah my mate dave used to be their guitar tech and he lived with her in tooting.... me and her spent the night discussing decorating over a vege lasagne!!!!!!

I've met Carl Fogarty the superbike racer, Bill Goldberg ex NFL player and wrestler and Micheal Bisping the UFC fighter.
Nobody uber famous but cool guys none the less :D

A fair few years ago I used to play for Salford school boys with a lad called Ryan Wilson, a short while later his name was changed to Ryan Giggs...

Gosh, I've not met many famous people compared to some of you guys, here's my short list :lol: :

Went to school with Zoe Bonham (John Bonham's daughter), he was Led Zeppelin's drummer for all you youngies :lol: I went to a party at her house once, it was huge as you'd expect. She's pretty hot now too :D
Robert Plant came into the school too once so I met him.

Also went to school with Lee Sharpe (Man United and England - now reality TV man)

For those skaters amongst you I've met most of the top pros:
Tony Hawk
Bucky Lasek
Chris Miller
Ed Templeton
Sean Goff
Per Welinder
Eris Dressen (he gave me a jumper :lol: )
Mike V
to name a few.

So there you go, told you it wasn't a long list :( :mrgreen:

Latest posts