• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Modern (Retro) Radio

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vinvan

Reaction score
Hi
Looking for a Modern (Retro) Radio, to fit our 69 Bay, dont want to be hacking the dashboard so needs to fit into the existing hole
needs to be good quality
anyone got any ideas

Thanks Vinvan

Retrospund are great, but down you'll find a used one & they are not cheap.
I got one in my fastback & they are great.

I went with one from classiccarstereo.co.uk. works ok, watch out for the DAB aerial connectors, they are not all the same. I used an inline thing that is supposed to allow you to use an FM aerial for DAB but so far does not work..presently using a mag mount WiFi aerial..20221216_143640.jpg

Seems to be a vast price difference between the more established brands and the ebay specials. How is sound quality and output from them ??
🧐

The cheapo eBay specials seem pretty good sound wise. The only bug with them is that it is hit or miss as to how great the screen lights up with some absolutely blinding and some super dim so that you can only see the screen in the dark in the garage. The majority are fine :cool:. And they need to fit in to a din sized hole so it leads to a little widening of the original hole. I ended up widening a tad to fit mine but my lights are exceptionally dim so I’ll just get another at some point if Santa thinks I’ve been naughty again this year.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,he’s been proper pissed with me for the last few years;)

The Porsche Classic Communication Management systems PCCM and PCCM Plus should fit VW T2's. Classic radios:

Porsche PCCM.Classic.jpg
https://www.porsche.com/internation.../classic/genuineparts/producthighlights/pccm/
Porsche PCCM.Classic Navigation.jpg
https://www.porsche.com/internation...producthighlights/pccm/#section-user-friendly
Porsche PCCM.Classic.91164559000_001.jpg
Not an original looking radio, however current communication technology from Volkswagen Group that fits dash. Have to check on width for side buttons on Bay T2 dash. Wiring for speakers may require an upgrade. Anyone converted to the Porsche PCCM system?

Have Porsche PCCM in six vehicles. No PCCM issues in US/Canada or Europe. On first European tour had a portable cassette radio that kept sliding off the dash and paper Michelin Guide maps. Like the uncluttered, in-dash convenience and looks of the Porsche PCCM plus service/parts will always be available through Porsche Classic. Volkswagen Classic Parts does not offer radios/navigation systems. One gets what one pays for. 🍻

Last edited:

Latest posts