My 1971 Deluxe from the boys at Kieft en Klok

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bay-low71

Reaction score
Mybus-1.jpg

Mybus-2.jpg

Don't look as shiney as this now bit of a rat look going on, but nice and low....as they all should be.

Great van ... whats the plan? Just fill it with wax, I hope? 8)

very nice!
did you drive it back or get it shipped?
how long do you reckon it will take to have it on the road legally over here?

Bit of an adventure really, the kieft en klok place is like a candy shop. They are really nice volks. But went over with a friend to check the van out in Nov 04, paid in full for the bus and arranged to pick up in January 2005. My partner and I had a few days holiday in Amsterdam, that was very cold but a great laugh. Made our way from dam to the hook of holland where we arranged to meet the van. Drove her on the cat and landed in Harwich about 19.45, freezing cold, snowing not a nice night for a long drive to south wales...bbbbbrrrrrrrr. Phoned a mate to say we're back in the UK but heaters were crap, he laughed. Took our time coming home but only stopped twice, both of us were wrapped in everything out of our suitcases, i'd never been so cold. but we arrived home at 02.45 in the morning only got lost once. The next day popped in to show the old man, mentioned about the heaters and his mate was out in the van fiddling and shouted accross the heaters we're pretty good. I didn't tell my missus for ages she'd had enough of VW's to last a lifetime already....But what a great time it was definately do it again just for that experience. MOT was excellent all it required was a new drag link for the steering as it was sloppy as hell. The registration was a nightmare but i've been told the process has improved greatly. Since being in this country, fitted alternator, electronic ignition, cut and welded front beam, and cleaned the interior. Fitted a new battery tray as the americans bodged it...Apart from that alot more to come when time allows me.

Nice bus! I believe it was shipped with mine from the states, when I recieved pics from Maurice at K&K this was parked behind my Deluxe while they were awaiting a container, no pics sorry as my old computer died and took them all with it! small world though!

Matt

On closer inspection If you look at the right headrest on your van you can just about see a white blob, that I believe is my one!! Sad, I know!

i have my eye on the blue 71 on the second page....the one with some fire damage.
only problem is im snowed under till the summer!

nice bus there bros but personally i find K&K expensive;

if any of you guys wanna buy a proper bus for a reasonable price then let me know;

a friend of mine has an old cow stable filled up with T2 busses!

from projects too restored busses,mainly westy's.

if your looking for something..............let me know.

some Britts have already found the trail to this guy.

the place is even close to calais ,1 H 30 min drive !
30 min. from Ostende.(make it a weekend and have a sweet beer-weekend at oostende and tax-free sigarette shop is on your way!
what more do you want????,

pictures will follow!

greetz greg

thats a cool story, sounds a bit like my trip over there to pick up my van from them, especially the heaters bit :lol:

you'll have to join our line up of deluxes, wherever we do it next

greg, for us brits K&K looks seriously cheap!

Latest posts