My Barn find and progress

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richo

Reaction score
Hi all, I have been meaning to post photo's but seem that time is in short supply.
Anyway this is my progress so far. Been at it for 2 years or more but its slowly coming together. The last photo was taken 2 weeks ago.

This is how I found her. She is a 1971 crossover bus with 72000 miles on the clock. Was used as a taxi . The guy who owned it passed away and I got it for 1000GBP. He had partly stripped it down then lost interest, like most of the things in that shed. Apparently it had been there for over 20yrs.

Bought myself a flatpack rollover jig off ebay. Started scraping the old underseal off and cutting away all the rot.

Next it sand/grit blast time on a nice sunny yorkshire day. (not many of then about, was very lucky)

Back inside again and starting to prep all the area's that need welding with weld through primer.

This shows all new jacking points welded on and painted with POR45

Replacement panels, front wings and many more parts that are out of sight.

New heater tube and electric harness pipe fitted. New inner and outer cills and underside sprayed with Raptor by UPOL

Heater pipes insulated.

Floor closed up.

Front suspension, torsion bar, steering etc assembled, alot of new parts and now getting worried about the weight on jig.

Rear suspension, brake hoses, torsion bar, cable harness etc

My next priority is to get the hydraulic pipes ran in and get it on its 4 wheels.

Wow :shock: Awesome work and fantastic pics!

Looks like the bus is going to be a stunner - what interior are you planning on?
Very 8)

StuF said:
Wow :shock: Awesome work and fantastic pics!

Looks like the bus is going to be a stunner - what interior are you planning on?
Very 8)

I have no idea. It's taken me 2 years to get this far but I
will be asking for advise closer to the day.

Hi Richo
Nice barn find and looking good so far, just about to paint the underside of my bus with u-pol Raptor how many tins did it take to do the job

Latest posts