my bro's 68 Project

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fat duk

Reaction score
I am sticking these photos up for my brother who has just got this 68 and is undergoing a rebuild
vws004-1.jpg

titianred68015.jpg

titianred68027.jpg

titianred68016.jpg

This is currently in the uk and has all the welding done :mrgreen:
let us know what you think and i will try to get some more recent photos up

squareweave said:
Titan red....Very cool. Is that the one from Cons VW's in Roseburg, Oregon? More updated pics please :D
hi there! she is from oregon but i dont have any history. what is cons vw?

You wanna be careful it don't fall down a hole in your road. Who lowered it? Lowenbros?

Mine is wrapped up at the moment Mike, but when I take it out next I'll bring it round your way and get some pictures.

Hey, This old jewel is looking pretty good :D . I had the pleasure of riding her down off the hill here in Oregon. I'll keep watching this one for sure.
68deluxe.jpg

radconsmoot said:
Hey, This old jewel is looking pretty good :D . I had the pleasure of riding her down off the hill here in Oregon. I'll keep watching this one for sure.
68deluxe.jpg
Hi there!!! so you're to blame for the old girl sitting on my driveway!! thanks for posting mate, if you have any info about the bus i would love to hear (read) it!!

Well, my dad is partially to blame for it. He got me hooked on vws early on! All i really know about the van is that the old fellow who sold it to me had it parked on his hill for years. I was just out there last week helping him get his '85 westy running & i had told him before that the 68 had gone overseas to get all fixed up ;) . I knew she was well worth digging up! Next time i'm out there i'll ask him if he remembers anything about it other than it showed up at his front door one day.

Conrad

that would be great, thanks. im trying to find the parts i need to get her all fixed up then ill steam into it after crimbo!!

ha. started the steam in process, now awaiting parts so gone off boil for the mo. more steamin next week fo sho!

hi people,
as you may have seen mike decided to sell this project, and me and my girlfriend are lucky enough to be the new owners of this bus :D
so i thought id use this thread to give everyone an update...... well she passed her mot and i managed to get her registered, she still needs a few electrical niggles sorting, the engine needs a bit of a tweak and a new oil seal, so is very much a rolling project.

heres a few photos on a typical british summer evening :roll:

1013048_10151672272189875_1789631689_n.jpg
1011128_10151672269604875_1349079169_n.jpg

954603_10151672270904875_788366571_n.jpg

1001447_10151672269814875_475453529_n.jpg