• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

My Bus is for Sale +++SOLD++++

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tintintin

Reaction score
This is one hard decision, but here goes…..

Multi award winning camper, cover feature in Volksworld C&B. Volksworld Big bang Winner, Alive and Dubbin’ Winner (Best Type Two, Best Engine, Best interior).
It may have been to a few shows, but it was built for camping – As it should be!
For sale: My 1970 VW Type 2 Westfalia Tintop – Ex California – 100% Solid Bus to start with.

Close to £40,000 spent on this – God knows how much it would cost you if you were to do it now.

Summary of the build

Exterior:

Bare metal strip down – Everything off – the only metalwork required was the battery tray (replaced using the same hand made strengthening ridges as original.
Everything else 100% original.

Re-sprayed inside and out in Beryl Green (VW L478) and Pastel White (L90D) with Willow green engine detailing (VW L-63) All panels hand flatted and paintwork hand polished
Chrome work replaced with new best quality triple chrome (Headlights, rear light trim, VW Badges etc,,) Original door handles – one key fits all.

New rubbers for everything – ‘VW Status’ OEM door and rear hatch rubbers – the best available.

Jalousie windows taken a part , polished with new rubbers between each glass panel.. Both come with matching Mosquito covers.

Front Heated Windscreen – not wired in, but ready to go!

Interior:

All original Westfalia cabinets were removed and taken to pieces panel by panel – these were then used as templates for the interior to be re-built as before but in real wood! Each panel was remade using 10mm Birch Ply with a 5mm oak ply glued as the outer skin (to keep the weight down and so the original hinges would fit ) , the interior is a ‘Never again’ one off – it’s too expensive to do again!

New Birch Ply Headlining, door cards, side panels etc…
All seat vinyl was replaced with a combination of OEM TMI basket weave and smooth grey imported from the US and custom made. Matching stool.
Carpets and floor tiles - MadMatz
Original VW Bluapunckt Emden radio with VW knobs – very rare and fully working with iPod connector.
Very rare Blaupunkt Kubel’s speakers – fully working – Super rare!
Custom made African Zebrano – Suicide knob and matching gear knob.
All interior lights original and working

Running Gear

6 x Wide Five wheels all colour coded. The rear pair seen is professionally banded by about 1.5 Inches making them slightly wider than the fronts. Another pair colour coded but not widened will also come with the bus.

Brakes

Front Brakes CSP’s Disc’s – the best
All pipe work replaced. New master cyclinder and rear drum cyclinders, shoes and springs etc.. replaced.

Lowering / suspension

Type 2 Detectives Narrowed (about 4’’ ) type 2 Beam – Fully Adjustable with Coil Over Shocks
Combined with Type 2 Detectives Forged dropped Spindles – the best
Rear Adjustable Spring plates - T2D along with KYB gas-a-just shocks

Steering

Re-Conditioned Steering Box (Mega Bug) – Zero slack

Electrics

Brand new complete wiring loom – 100% replaced. Additional wires for tow bar lighting.
All lights replaced.

Gearbox / Drive

Completely reconditioned in 2011 by Cog Box
Drive shafts rebuilt with all new parts

Engine

1776 SSP Engine – Rolling Road Tuned & Dynoed at 100 BHP
Customized and detailed as can be seen
Twin Dellorto DRLA 40’s – Rebuilt by Eurocarb, far more progressive than Webers
VW Speedshop 4:1 Stainless Single QuietPack Exhaust with J Tubes
SunPro Retro Tacho with Drag Shift Light

Plus loads & loads and loads more….

See full build thread: http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4875" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Stored inside always and not driven between Octobers and March!
Comes with Top Quality Breathable cover
Drive like a dream - 5000 miles since the build – One of the best type 2’s you will ever see – the build was done 3 years ago so will be able to see just how good it was as it’s still as good as the day it was completed ! There is probably a ton of other stuff that I can’t remember, which I’ll try to add at some point!
Any Viewing Welcome

P2190035.jpg

P2190016.jpg

P2190038.jpg

P2190037.jpg

P2190021.jpg

P3070149.jpg

P3190314.jpg

P4110283.jpg

P4200287.jpg

20072008004.jpg

269O6475.jpg

269O6438.jpg

269O6300.jpg

P7020736.jpg

P6130276.jpg

P5110683.jpg

P5080525.jpg

16042008014.jpg

P2190016.jpg

£26,500,

Call me 07736 828169

Will ;)

Don't often say this "Beautiful". I was lookin down the thread thinking "what's the price" :? not surprised at all & can well believe how much has been spent in money & time.
Good luck with the sell someone is going to be very lucky. :mrgreen:

In my opinion, this THE best Early Bay that money can buy.

Good luck with the sale Will. Can't believe you're selling it

Matt

Why? thats simply stunning, as much as I love mine I'd be tempted, some one is going to get a belter there.

Cheers Dudes ;)

I have to accept that I am one of those people that get just as much enjoyment in the journey ......... and another journey beckons ..... ;)

I can only say this is the best earlybay on the scene and is well worth the money if you want a fully sorted van this is it sorry your selling will but if its time to move on it has to be done.
T25 westy is the future you know

I can only say this is the best earlybay on the scene and is well worth the money if you want a fully sorted van this is it sorry your selling will but if its time to move on it has to be done.
T25 westy is the future you know

Cheers Chris,

Praise indeed coming from the master ;)

Didn't think it would hang around +++++NOW SOLD :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts