My new and first early bay - some questions

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VWFURGOJURG

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I’ve always been a late bay owner and this is my first early bay bought in Spain. It’s Had a westy pop top fitted but is a rare (so I’m told) metal sun roof versus (metal sunroof still in place abs slides into roof so I can use pop top (modded with bed) basically I’ve been looking online, is this as rare as I’m told it is and would it be worth eventually getting rid of the pop top and restoring the roof back to type?! I’ve attached some pics

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• F2352F44-C9C7-4849-9E85-F8971E93C315.jpeg
    F2352F44-C9C7-4849-9E85-F8971E93C315.jpeg
    939.4 KB · Views: 11
  • ACC579D9-02CB-4287-92B1-4F64E58F840A.png
    ACC579D9-02CB-4287-92B1-4F64E58F840A.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 13
Steel sliding sunroofs are not common, but not 'rare' per se. Fully working ones are not at all easy to find though!
I've always thought a steel sliding sunroof under a pop top would be cool as you could keep the bus warmer and quieter when not using the pop top.
As to whether you keep the pop top or not depends how you use the bus. If its a day van in a warm climate then I'd be keen on the sunroof option but if you are camping on a regular basis then the pop top is pretty useful.

Welcome :)

Steel sliding sunroofs are not common, but not 'rare' per se. Fully working ones are not at all easy to find though!
I've always thought a steel sliding sunroof under a pop top would be cool as you could keep the bus warmer and quieter when not using the pop top.
As to whether you keep the pop top or not depends how you use the bus. If its a day van in a warm climate then I'd be keen on the sunroof option but if you are camping on a regular basis then the pop top is pretty useful.

Welcome :)
Thanks so much, great advice

Latest posts