My vans not level !!??

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim B

Reaction score
Some of you may remember I was thinking about lowering the front of my van because if did not sit level. Then I was talking about raising the back up a little because it may have dropped but it turns out that its meant to sit like that. I was talking to the guy who services mine. He also has a mint 71 in black (stunning Ill take my camera next time I see him). I noticed his sat high in the front and asked him about it. He worked for vw in the 70s and said all vans were made like that untill they introduced the 1700cc in 72. He made my day, wont have to mess about with it now. :lol:

My DeLuxe Devon also used to sit rather high at the front, with one rear end higher than the other as well...

IMG_4995.jpg

It's now level all round after some 'attention'. I wouldn't suggest you lower yours, it looks great as built!

IMG_7907.jpg

Mike F said:
My DeLuxe Devon also used to sit rather high at the front, with one rear end higher than the other as well...

IMG_4995.jpg

thats a trick photo! the ginger cat is obviously holding the front of the van up while you take a photo Mike!, you cant fool me my friend! :wink:

damn thats a strong cat :shock:

silly SK :roll: thats not a cat thats the new ginger fur van jack! havent you seen for sale at Vanfest :wink: they can lift up to 2 tons 8)

easy said:
silly SK :roll: thats not a cat thats the new ginger fur van jack! havent you seen for sale at Vanfest :wink: they can lift up to 2 tons 8)

Offcourse it is! You use the 'tail' to jack up the van! :wink:

easy said:

of course, now ive had a better look! :roll:
still a trick photo then! :wink:

Mine's a 72 with 1700 engine and it still sits higher at the front. 1700 is heavier than 1600 i beleive. although with 2 people upfront it levels out.
Have foksy adjustor ready to be fitted and with better shocks this should sort it out

its lowered? i can see air under it! :wink:

its looking good mike, guess you lowered it instead of alloys?

My 72 used to sit arse end down and my mechanic said it was meant to, as a temporary measure i fitted 165's on the front.
It's now level but has huge air above the front wheels!

We did lower it once but that involved loading 750kgs of sand and cement in the back and my brother sat in the front.

Latest posts