narrowed beam bracket for air shocks

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shea

Reaction score
I've been told I need a bracket for air shocks to work with my 3.5" narrowed weedeater 2 beam. Does anyone know the best place to get them?

thanks, so the above is just spacers? I was told I need brackets for the shocks to work, I'm just off the phone with T2D who said the extenders (I take it extenders are the brackets?) are needed to get a proper lift from the shocks. They said the extenders are £125 delivered which is expensive enough I think

shea said:
thanks, so the above is just spacers? I was told I need brackets for the shocks to work, I'm just off the phone with T2D who said the extenders (I take it extenders are the brackets?) are needed to get a proper lift from the shocks. They said the extenders are £125 delivered which is expensive enough I think

Those are what I bought. Not for air shocks but to get my Gaz shocks into alignment. They are expensive, and if you had the materials, equipment, skillz and dimensions they could be made, but, if youre missing any of them, then thats what they cost :lol:

Clem said:
shea said:

Those are what I bought. Not for air shocks but to get my Gaz shocks into alignment. They are expensive, and if you had the materials, equipment, skillz and dimensions they could be made, but, if youre missing any of them, then thats what they cost :lol:

So extenders are needed for gaz coilovers too? the shocks and extenders come to £225 so was thinking I might as well get the gaz coilovers but not if they also need extenders.

I know what you mean in regards to the price of the extenders I'll probably end up getting them in the end but I'm going to shop around first as I know a few companies are making them.

shea said:
Clem said:
shea said:

So extenders are needed for gaz coilovers too? the shocks and extenders come to £225 so was thinking I might as well get the gaz coilovers but not if they also need extenders.

I know what you mean in regards to the price of the extenders I'll probably end up getting them in the end but I'm going to shop around first as I know a few companies are making them.

Only on a 4" beam with unmodified trailing arms

Volksproject are doing brackets for 75 euro. They sent me on a pic, the bracket goes on the trailing arm, does most of the extenders people sell go on the top? Think I'll go for them anyways.

f1jcs3.jpg

thanks very much Clem, think I'm going to go for the Volks Project ones well

Which ones are those, Clem?

Do the arms need any modifications with either this or the VolksProject ones, or do they just bolt [and weld?] on?

In the mail I received from VolksProjects they said it was a "bolt on re-locator" so I'd say no modification needed. I'm waiting on him to get back to me on postage costs and whether I need a spacer for the top mount along with this.

Dog back beams just got back to me too, they do the brackets for 90 euro delivered

gvee said:
Which ones are those, Clem?

Do the arms need any modifications with either this or the VolksProject ones, or do they just bolt [and weld?] on?

Those are T2D ones. Just weld on.

Got my extenders from volks projects last week they weren't close to fitting at all and required a good bit of modification. Just a quick question though, is the goal to get the shocks as straight as possible to provide maximum lift? because with the extenders the air shock is at a greater angle than it is when bolted to the original mount which it fits (very snug fit but it does fit!)

it pushes the bottom out around 1.5 - 2 inches I'd say, maybe less. I'm wondering if the advice I've been getting about needing an extender have been based on other beams that have a top shock mount that's further back?

My creative weed eater beams top mount isn't that far back and that's why the shock is straighter when bolted on the original bottom mount.

I won't be at my bus for a week or so but when I get back I'll measure the lift with and without extenders at say 110 psi and report back

shea said:
it pushes the bottom out around 1.5 - 2 inches I'd say, maybe less. I'm wondering if the advice I've been getting about needing an extender have been based on other beams that have a top shock mount that's further back?

My creative weed eater beams top mount isn't that far back and that's why the shock is straighter when bolted on the original bottom mount.

I won't be at my bus for a week or so but when I get back I'll measure the lift with and without extenders at say 110 psi and report back

Thanks. You may be right about not needing them, if you have a t2d or slamwerks beam the top of the shock tower sweep back much further than CE.

Latest posts