Need an auto electrician- Worcestershire/Shropshire area.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YellowBay69

Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
1969 Bay Window
Hi all - got a RHD 69 Bay Window. I’ve fitted a complete new loom. It’s about 95% fitted but struggling with relays etc under the dash.
I’ve got to the point were I need some help to complete.
Bus has no interior yet so fairly easy access.
In Tenbury Wells (Nr Ludlow/Leominster/Hereford)
Can anyone help me finish it or recommend an electrician?

PS loving the new forum 🌈👍

Ta for that - is he fairly local do you know ?

If you take a pic of the wires you are having issues with and post it I will be able to help,

Are you fitting hazard lights as this makes a massive difference to the way it’s wired.

If you take a pic of the wires you are having issues with and post it I will be able to help,

Are you fitting hazard lights as this makes a massive difference to the way it’s wired.
Hi - yes fitting hazard lights … and that’s where i’m confused.
Followed various diagrams plus original wiring and nothing seems to match up.
Will try and put up pictures of where it’s confusing me. 🌈👍

D62A65CE-1F61-400B-A567-0CCF5D450CF4.jpegD62A65CE-1F61-400B-A567-0CCF5D450CF4.jpeg

Attachments

• AE20C9F4-0F13-4C51-BEC9-9C5E59580A7E.jpeg
    AE20C9F4-0F13-4C51-BEC9-9C5E59580A7E.jpeg
    675.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 5432C455-63D3-4F8B-970D-2BED190EC40E.jpeg
    5432C455-63D3-4F8B-970D-2BED190EC40E.jpeg
    571.3 KB · Views: 3
  • 22A6A202-AD4A-4D14-834C-CD1A976B54CB.jpeg
    22A6A202-AD4A-4D14-834C-CD1A976B54CB.jpeg
    769.6 KB · Views: 3
That’s what I have under dash (originally fitted and working)
I took photos end of last summer. Will need to get my head back in there to remind me where it was going wrong 🤪

Who was the loom from and did it come labelled up and is it using the original colours?
If so it’s a fairly easy to follow it through, is it LHD as not many UK buses had hazards in 69?

Who was the loom from and did it come labelled up and is it using the original colours?
If so it’s a fairly easy to follow it through, is it LHD as not many UK buses had hazards in 69?
Hi Graham - it’s RHD.
Loom was from VW looms. Who have been brilliant.
It was labelled - but unfortunately some labels have faded.
Yes it’s using original colours and gauges.
It came with a diagram - which was spot on … to a point.
Used that / Bentley / Ratwell / Haynes to try figure it all out. But i’m no auto electrician.
The bus is in fairly original condition and had mot. So doesn’t look like it’s been hacked around with too much.
If any of that helps
🌈👍

Hi all - got a RHD 69 Bay Window. I’ve fitted a complete new loom. It’s about 95% fitted but struggling with relays etc under the dash.
I’ve got to the point were I need some help to complete.
Bus has no interior yet so fairly easy access.
In Tenbury Wells (Nr Ludlow/Leominster/Hereford)
Can anyone help me finish it or recommend an electrician?

PS loving the new forum 🌈👍
i have a69 bay with new loom with same issues could do with help as my knowledge is limited only live the other side of Cleobury

i have a69 bay with new loom with same issues could do with help as my knowledge is limited only live the other side of Cleobury
Cool - was thereabouts today !! What else you done to yours ??

Anyone else know an auto electrician or can help with wiring in Worcestershire???
Drawn a complete blank at moment. Probably only a mornings work for someone who knows what they’re doing.
Any suggestions welcome.
🙏🌈👍

Anyone else know an auto electrician or can help with wiring in Worcestershire???
Drawn a complete blank at moment. Probably only a mornings work for someone who knows what they’re doing.
Any suggestions welcome.
🙏🌈👍
What exactly do you need doing, well versed on Earlybay wiring as fixed a few over the years it’s just how soon you need it looked at, based in Redditch.
Best to drop me a PM or an email to [email protected]

Latest posts