New 52 year old Type 2

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

naskeet

Reaction score
So far as I am aware, an ignition warning buzzer (buzzes if the ignition is on with the driver's door open or ajar) was only fitted to North American specification, 1968~79 VW Type 2s. Details of the wiring colours for that model-year, should be available in the Robert Bentley manual, wiring-diagram excerpts from which, are accessible on-line, on The Samba website.

www.thesamba.com

Stuartk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Year of Van
Van Type
Microbus
Here you go Grant, click on the link below and all the details are there.

It looks like your bus was bought as transport for somebody who had difficulty getting around, or for a private care home.
Guys ,Where would I find the M plate for my 72 Bay . Is there a normal location .

roobug67

Reaction score
Bus looks great from the picture. But it isn't a Westfalia. Wrong roof, and unless it's a SA import they never came in RHD. That looks more like a Devon conversion by the roof and the fact it's RHD.

The M Plate will tell you if it's a factory Westfalia, it should have at least one of these M Codes 517, 518 and D67.

Reaction score
Year of Van
Van Type
Camper
Bus looks great from the picture. But it isn't a Westfalia. Wrong roof, and unless it's a SA import they never came in RHD. That looks more like a Devon conversion by the roof and the fact it's RHD.

The M Plate will tell you if it's a factory Westfalia, it should have at least one of these M Codes 517, 518 and D67.
Hi I know it's not a Westphalia. I owned one in the 80's. Mine was originally fitted out as an ambulance.

Latest posts