New 52 year old Type 2

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

naskeet

Reaction score
So far as I am aware, an ignition warning buzzer (buzzes if the ignition is on with the driver's door open or ajar) was only fitted to North American specification, 1968~79 VW Type 2s. Details of the wiring colours for that model-year, should be available in the Robert Bentley manual, wiring-diagram excerpts from which, are accessible on-line, on The Samba website.

www.thesamba.com

Stuartk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Year of Van
Van Type
Microbus

roobug67

Reaction score
Bus looks great from the picture. But it isn't a Westfalia. Wrong roof, and unless it's a SA import they never came in RHD. That looks more like a Devon conversion by the roof and the fact it's RHD.

The M Plate will tell you if it's a factory Westfalia, it should have at least one of these M Codes 517, 518 and D67.

Reaction score
Year of Van
Van Type
Camper
Bus looks great from the picture. But it isn't a Westfalia. Wrong roof, and unless it's a SA import they never came in RHD. That looks more like a Devon conversion by the roof and the fact it's RHD.

The M Plate will tell you if it's a factory Westfalia, it should have at least one of these M Codes 517, 518 and D67.
Hi I know it's not a Westphalia. I owned one in the 80's. Mine was originally fitted out as an ambulance.

Latest posts