New accidental early bay owner

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xfilesrool

Reaction score
I have been saving for a while to get a nice Camper, my dream was an early bay with engine and brake upgrades but I am also a realist and knew my budget was not going to win out. I lost my late bay (moneypenny) a while ago because back then it wasn't economically viable to undo all the past bad repairs, sorting the rot and respray. So with a heavy heart and ear full from my boyfriend I sold it, instantly regretting it but I had to follow my brain not my heart.

I had my sights on a latebay because of the prices but was hoping for a crossdresser. I saw an early 1970 westy on ebay, looked exceptional with an upgraded engine and brakes so without viewing it in person I placed a bid with my budget in mind I didnt think I would win but I blooming well did. I really don't want to get my hopes up because it might be a lemon but we will see what happens. Seller seems decent via messages and email

That looks good. When are you going to collect it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Liking the look of this one a lot. Photos sometimes are good and sometimes are bad, but that looks very decent for that sort of money. Does it have an mot trail to look at, like advisory things etc.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,glad to have you back with a bay. :mrgreen:

Thanx a lot, I will be collecting on wednesday from East Grinstead.

Seller said they will pick me up from the train station.

Looking at MOT history it's never failed and has a fresh ticket on it. Just done a HPI and that is clean too. Seller said it was bought in Germany as a right hand drive by a serviceman. According to Hpi and paperwork its only had 1 previous owner but I am only guessing here but is that because they only count the ones first registered with DVLA?

Mum always said it's vulgar to talk about money but that rule doesn't seem to apply if dad's paying

£12100

Im wondering why it’s got US style reversing lights but it’s right-hand drive...

If it’s good underneath that’s a good price imo. Mine is great underneath, but rear quarter lowers not so much and I paid a lot more.

Good luck picking it up. We all await some good news from you tomorrow :)

Exciting times ahead. We bought ours on an even bigger whim [emoji1787] Welcome to the 1970 club, looking forward to seeing more pics.

Coda said:
Im wondering why it’s got US style reversing lights but it’s right-hand drive...

If it’s good underneath that’s a good price imo. Mine is great underneath, but rear quarter lowers not so much and I paid a lot more.

Good luck picking it up. We all await some good news from you tomorrow :)

I’m guessing the previous peeps liked their extras. Extra big Westy badge, chrome finger plates, reversing lights, safety / stop light, trick shifter (Berg ?) white steering wheel , ally door pulls etc etc etc and that’s without getting in it. :p

Ozziedog,,,,,,,smashing looking veeee hickle :mrgreen:

Well I got up this morning and rushed outside without having breakfast as if it had been snowing and all I wanted was to play (sad I know)

I haven't done anthyting to it apart from check oil plus cleaning and tidying inside.

Looking forward to the updates ... I can tell you’re smiling from ear to ear right now.

I'm chuffed with it tbh I got a bargain.

Definitely had a lot of love over the last few years from her previous owner.

Don't you worry though the to do list is growing...

Latest posts