New mustard vinyl

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike202

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My latest project is to replace all the 50 year old foam and vinyl on the westy seats in the back of the bus. I bought the early bay set of covers from NLA VW and it arrived a couple of days ago. The pattern is very good and it looks just like the OG vinyl and seems good quality. Unfortunately whoever packed it in the box to send has folded the pieces of vinyl up and now there are small cracks or fissures in the vinyl where it was folded in on itself.

I am seeking advice from NLA about this, but the more I think about it I cannot see these marks disappearing ever! Has anyone bought any cover from them and did you have this problem? Some pics to illustrate. Ive used the postimage link for this on my laptop.

I saw your post on FB and I also think thats the wrong colour for an original westy, much more mustard than that.

These covers come from China so will have set in a container folded up for weeks hence the crease marks

Graham L said:
I saw your post on FB and I also think thats the wrong colour for an original westy, much more mustard than that.

These covers come from China so will have set in a container folded up for weeks hence the crease marks

To be fair it’s a good match colour and pattern wise. It is a shade darker than my OG vinyl but I put that down to mine fading over the years, maybe that’s wrong.
I assumed, perhaps naively, that they were made in GB. I have spoken to NLA VW about the creases and was told they would disappear in a couple of weeks. So I will wait and see !

Everything that comes from NLAVW comes from China, Adams father owns a manufacturing company there

1658e168dcec5840d69b30ba937e5685.jpg

For reference this is the OG left next to the new cover on the buddy seat.

I didn’t realise that Graham.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Latest posts