new or recon

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dirtty dogg

Reaction score
been looking at getting a recon engine 1600, i have at the moment a 1500 where i have gone for the bigger 1600 pots(3 years ago) its a single port, (thats another question whats the difference you get from a twin?) , anyway, the seals are leaking and just havnt got much trust in the old girl....... someone said i should go down the new route...............? what do you guys say? :?

i think a well reconditioned engine is as good as a new one but i do stress a well reconditioned one. i can provide you with either service if you would like to speak to me about it give me a ring, my personal opinion is that i think highly of the single port engine its an highly underated animal its reliable and steady

tonicman said:
my personal opinion is that i think highly of the single port engine its an highly underated animal its reliable and steady
;)

agreed

chris

one person said the recon will only have a year of reliable life. but most people get a recon, dont they?

thanks tonicman i think i will have a chat to you about it. i will pm you son. we are off to devon in aug and have persuaded the wife into taking the bus so i dont want her saying told you the piece of s**t wouldnt get there!! so want something reliable.

I Agree with tonicman & Crede999. I actually prefered my old SP to my TP TBH

Whereabouts in Devon are you going dirtty dogg? South or North? - Im in south devon so if your down this way & have any problems give us a shout :)

i bought new and never looked back,im quite happy to jump in the old girl and drive down to cornwall fully loaded with 4 adults at a steady 65-70 all the way only stoping when i have to for fuel.worth the extra i recon.i would say if a new engine fits your budget get new :mrgreen:

Latest posts