New Starter needed?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AircooledKate

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
Adventurewagon
Hey all,

A few times over the last week or so I’ve been out in my bus, stopped somewhere and then it won’t start again, no click on first turn or so, then I’ll get a click but nothing else and then the next time I try it’ll start up. Is this a starter motor issue or something else? I’ve occasionally been getting a slow turn over and then a fast too - new start motor time?

Thanks all
Kate ☺️🤙🏼

Elecktrickery is not my thing as most will know. This however does sound like your ignition switch is faltering which would be exactly what would happen if you didn’t have a relay setup for your starter or if the relay was playing up. There’s a very sensible mod to fit this relay and it’s sometimes known as a hot start relay. It saves a lot of leckertricks going backwards and forwards up and down the bus and frazzling your ignition/ starter switch in the process while starting. If I’m right, then you’ll need a relay and as sure as eggs are eggs that ignition will be one slice off getting marmalade on (toast) . First things first though, check all your connections at the starter and I don’t mean wiggle em all about, pop them off one at a time and see how much crap is there and clean them up with some decent electrical cleaner and look particularly into where the cable enters the terminals. Next is check all your earths leads, same again both ends. If you’re lucky, this could be your issue but it’s multiplying if you don’t have that relay.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,are ya feeling lucky Kate? are ya? :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen:

Latest posts