New to early bay

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1364 rich

Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
Camper
M-codes
Type 2 -T2 2340
High everyone, busy trying to bring my 72 early bay back to life. Will post some questions soon need a bit of help.

Welcome to the forum. Enjoy!
By chance can you share some pics of your van?

Morning Rich, big big welcome to you and your new brrrm brrrrm. Try as many questions as you like and hopefully someone will have some answers. Is it drivable right now ? Or in pieces.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,, good luck with it too :)

Morning Rich, big big welcome to you and your new brrrm brrrrm. Try as many questions as you like and hopefully someone will have some answers. Is it drivable right now ? Or in pieces.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,, good luck with it too :)
Thanks for that, it's part way through the full restoration trying to find how it all goes back together.

One of the things you’ll maybe use from here is some of the members own photos of particular parts of their restorations when you can’t decide if it’s ‘this way up’ or ‘that way up’ and ‘what does that connect to’. After the very first early bay models there were changes virtually on a monthly basis all through the Earlies and the Crossovers and the Late bays so there will be lots of unique parts to various years so always check if you can before you buy any parts.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,, It’s all been done before. :)

One of the things you’ll maybe use from here is some of the members own photos of particular parts of their restorations when you can’t decide if it’s ‘this way up’ or ‘that way up’ and ‘what does that connect to’. After the very first early bay models there were changes virtually on a monthly basis all through the Earlies and the Crossovers and the Late bays so there will be lots of unique parts to various years so always check if you can before you buy any parts.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,, It’s all been done before. :)
This is the best advice and it will save you a fortune ! My 72 crossover is built from parts from two 72s. I spent so, so many hours trawling the net trying to work out what went where as I have the memory of a goldfish and couldn't remember where anything went, or what way around.

Latest posts