New to the site and the VW Scene, so HELLO!!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Faragher

Reaction score
Hello,

I have just bought Jenny, she is a beautiful 1971 early low light tinny. However, she may be beautiful to me but she is not to the eyes of Mr MOT Man! she has a few areas to sort out and I was wondering if anyone know if I can Hire/ Borrow a roll over jig to complete the welding on the chassis easily. I am in South London/ Surrey and would really appreciate offers of the jig and look forward to getting her up and running and getting out on the road slowing all those MTV Ipod life at 1000mph youths down!!!

David

Hi there and welcome. Good luck with Mr MOT man. Don`t know about the rollers though but I gotta say they are getting so popular now that you`d think a tool hire company may have them. Might even be a little business opportunity for someone there ???? If any one down your way has one available, I`m sure they`ll pop along and join this thread.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,, Good luck with it :mrgreen:

Hi David & Jenny welcome! Unfortunately Mr.MOT man has a great bearing on us old VW owners.life in the slow lane - you can't beat it. :D

p.s. we love pics on here, nudge nudge :mrgreen:

welcome to the forum

your best bet would be to buy a second hand jig then sell it on and get your money back, that way your not out of pocket. Some kind soul might have one but it could be a wait.

Thanks for the advice guys. The only one that has a reasonable price I can see is the one on eBay that you guys have all reviewed as being too light weight for a van and seems to have been designed for beetles.

Regarding photos I will post a few when Jenny arrives next week from her previous owner and will be on here seeking advice regularly!!!!!!!

David

Welcome David :D

Create a new thread with the title "Wanted - Roll over Jig" or some such.

I know a few peeps on here do have/use them so it might be worth a go ;)

There's a guy with a nice earlybay (not sure if they are on here) in the Petts Wood area who has been using rollover jig like this until recently. I can direct you to his van if you want to pop round there! Send a pm if interested.

Latest posts