New Year Resolutions

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gagvanman

Reaction score
Here are my New Year Resolutions, what's your's?

Sort out Gear Lever
Change Clutch
Replace Tinware
Replace engine cooling fan
Adjust Steering Box
Fit Brake Servo
Fix Petrol gauge
Build Dashboard Wiring Loom
Fix Propex
Rust proof rear inner arches
Fix rust spot on both cab doors
Repaint bumpers
Fit new headlights
Replace rear gutters

Just use the bus more and do some shows (funds permitting) , need to fix my fuel gauge as well------------

Get my bloody garage built after 2 years of waiting on people to do stuff, and not even breaking ground.

Happy New Year all.

Fix driver’s side bumper step which is touching the body causing rust.
Put mud flaps on back
Replace rusty bolts on ally step under the sliding door.

Go to a VW show!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Most of the above are on my tooo dooo list and a few more. The mud flaps thing is something that I have been dilly dallying about for a few years. When you see just how much crap goes over your bodywork and chassis parts and it could mostly be protected with a set of front and rear flaps like the out riggers etc. But if a no brainier really but it’s still just lost on my list. Another thing lost on my list is the propex gas heater that I bought in a group buy on here the best part of a decade ago and is still on a shelf in my garage after being shoved about and moved umpteen times over the years it’s been in there along with a fire extinguisher system that’s never been out of the box and is maybe out of date now :shock: And while Im racking my brain for other things just lolly gagging about in my garage, I seem to remember buying a new rubber mat set for the cab possibly about a decade ago too, that’s probably melted inside the box or been eaten by the mice :roll: I’ve got most of a new floor ready to go in the load bay ready for me to start on the new interior which has led me to start looking at the state of the floor which needs welding / patching in a few areas and funnily enough I’ve got some floor section ready to rock courtesy of Davi and had every intention of sorting that out this Christmas break but I’ve spent way too much time having a good time with friends and family all over the place and not been about too much. But! I have finally got some new LED strip lights to replace all the second hand stuff that’s accumulated over the years. I got started on that yesterday late afternoon and got a few up and what a difference. I was replacing one at a time but there were so many not working that I really was in a fool’s errand and ripped the lot out in the big part of the garage. One thing that I really noticed was how light the modern stuff is. The old lights were easily identified by their vintage according to how heavy they were. One double fluorescent five foot set were so old and so heavy that the damned thing nearly had me off my steps and that was just loosening one end, fortunately the other end still had a chain on :msn4: So this looks to be the way forwards, finish the lighting which will make things a tad easier to see then crack on with some welding. Might even Jack him up first and get that transmission out as the squealing is gonna drive me nuts and that should make cleaning up access to the other side a bit easier. A ramp would be the answer if I didn’t have a roof on the garage ;) Also toying with the idea of interlocking rubber ish tiles for the garage floor as that concrete seems to be getting more hostile with age and I do ache good and proper when I’ve been under the van for a bit even with scraps of old carpet :roll:
So! Let’s finish off the lights today and see what’s next. The bugger of it all was that this transmission was perfectly fine until I changed the oil to a new one that had been recommended , Castrol syn trans I think, then it started whining and even though I’ve changed back to regular 80/90 it now won’t shut up . I’ve real disturbed something in there. I’ve got a spare box under the bench but I’ll probably bang some new bearings in this one if it don’t look too bad and take it from there :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,it’s never ever ever just one thing is it :mrgreen:

Happy New Year Folks!!

So it’s a New house (to us) circa 1651

New Location (Just perfect)
New Garage (Stuff everywhere)
New Workshop (Tools everywhere)

Once sorted, Jobs on Winnie

Paint Bumpers Front and Back

Reinstate Cooling Flaps on Fan Shroud and Thermostat

Fit Twin Carbs (New in Box somewhere)

Tidy up tinware engine bay when doing above.

@ozziedog … get those tiles [emoji106] they’re easy on the knees

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alzy said:
Getting it on the road for May Bank Holiday. It’s going to be tight.

That’s the big issue with me in that I need to keep him on the road or I’d soon be cheesed off doing stuff if it looks like ages of down time, that can really try my patience. Hard to keep on the road though if I pull the box out :lol: I’m not a big fan of resto by attrition as I’m easily distracted and usually by food or ice creams or Stella , , ,

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,most things really :mrgreen:

Latest posts