Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oopla69

Reaction score
Hi there everyone

I'm currently the owner of a gorgeous 1969 Karmann Ghia, but thinking about trading her in for a camper, so was hoping for some your comments and advice on what to look/look out for. Really love the splittys but realistically price wise, probably a bay will be what we'll go for. Based in the South Wales area, so if any of you out there know of any clubs which have regular meets which we could go along to for a natter, that would be good to.

Cheers! :D

Croeso!

There are quite a few south Walian Earlybayers on here, I'm sure they'll be along shortly :)

[In the meantime, lets see some pics of your Karmann Ghia ;) ]

blogdroed said:
Croeso!

There are quite a few south Walian Earlybayers on here, I'm sure they'll be along shortly :)

What he said ;)

What are you looking for bay wise? poptop/tintop, any preference for an interior style?

you need to speak to nora they are looking for a karman theres a post on here called tell me about karman ghias

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

Would be looking to go back to a RHD this time (the Karmann's LHD) and probably a pop top to give me more headroom (even though I am quite short) - but this isn't set in stone. Interior wise, would like something that best utilises the space I guess, as I'll be taking our german pointer on my travels (as well as my other half), so the less crammed we'll feel the better. Will be wanting cooker, fridge, sink facilities though.

Re the Karmann, here's a link to the lady in question 8) :-

KarmannGhia6.jpg

KarmannGhia3.jpg

Sweet as a nut - don't part with her mate, you will regret it (I did)... :? .

Seriously you need to think of a number (budget) in order to refine your
search and RHD/rust free are not exactly soul mates.....best of luck.

blogdroed said:
Croeso!

(Another!) South Walian reporting for duty Sir!! If you wanna look at my westy at anytime to get a feel for what you might want/not want, then just drop me a line bud.....!

Would love to take you up on your offer Mr. Dub Dreams! Got (almost) a week off work (unfortunately back in on Friday), so if you've got a bit of spare time, perhaps we could sort something out?... oh, and that'll be Ma'am to you. :lol:
Cheers.

Latest posts