No indicators

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ontheroad

Reaction score
Driving my 1971 T2 yesterday, I stopped to fuel up. Immediately after, I noticed I had no indicators, left or right (they'd been fine prior to stopping). I've taken a good look and the fuses all seem fine, and the hazards work as they should, which I think rules out the relay as the cause of the problem. (tell me if I'm wrong)

Any thoughts as to what the issue could be? Could the arm switch on the steering column be the problem? Any suggestions gratefully accepted. Ta! :)

There’s 3 spade connectors close to the steering column that the indicator stalk connects to, I’d be checking there first [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

is the fuel gauge working? When I put the hazards on the fuel gauge jumped up and down but hazards working but not indicator. Mine was the relay needing a fiddle So if not steering wheel as above.

If the fuel gauge is not working as well, check fuse 9 make sure it has 12v both sides of it, otherwise it could be faulty hazard warning switch try slowly pulling the switch out with the indicators on to see if they come on.

Thanks for the suggestions, folks. I'm not sure what it was I did which sorted the problem (I'd changed the fuses, checked the relay, and checked all spade connections were snug and tight) but the indicators are now working again. Fingers crossed it stays that way! :)

I had exactly the same issue. Turned out to be the earth on the metal-bodied relay. Not sure what year the relay was changed but the one in my 68 looked very basic and the earth seemed to be made by a small metal tab on the casing. Electrical issues are the worst!!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Latest posts