• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Non VW - Simply the Best!......GTO

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CockneyPlayboy

Reaction score
With hopefully spending more time over the coming years in the U.S. I am making some changes in my 'car stable' as it were and contemplating POSSIBLY letting my beloved and rather special GTO go.....

So here goes... testing the water... I offer you

MITSUBISHI GTO 3.0 TWIN TURBO (tuned, dressed and genuine!)

DO NOT mistake this for just another 'ricer' as this car was personally imported by me back around 7 years ago and been lovingly pampered since. Widely regarded as one of the nicest GTO's in the country this car has had absolutely NO EXPENSE SPARED on it. I have receipts totalling around £10k!!! Also with the car will come the auction print outs of the car over in Japan.
This car also has full removable glass 'Moon-Roof' which is rare for MK1 GTO's. I have religiously changed the oil every 3500 miles and the car is regularly data-logged on the palmtop to check for 'engine knock' count (which there is absolutely none!)

The car is a Mk1 and was born in July 1993. The official model being the E-Z16A (twin turbo) with manual 5spd gearbox (awesome long gears, WAY better than the annoying 6'er)
I will attempt to list JUST A SMALL portion of mods and repairs that have been done to this car or else I'd be all day. If anyone is seriously interested then I can supply all information further on.

**Original low 54k mile 99-Spec engine (out of a 1999 Mitsubishi Gold Technicians car)
**Car covered only 67k miles
**10 months MOT, 6 months Tax
**Recent Clutch & OEM Flywheel
**Recent AC Idler and Tensioner Pulleys
**Recent Turbo Gaskets
**Adjustable rear Camber Arms
**35mm Lowered Suspension (retaining the Electronic Controlled Suspension)
**Correct Speedo recalibration to MPH (deristricted)
**Recent Track Rod Ends
**Indiglo Dials
**Dual Solenoid Boost Controller
**Derestricted Cruise Control (sit at 150mph if you like! :lol: )
**Refurbished (and working!) Automatic Front and Rear Spoilers/Aero's
**Uprated Discs and Pads (grooved, vented and drilled)
**Full Samco red hosing throughout
**Chrome & Polished Ally engine dress
**EE Fuel Jumper Rail Kit
**Walbro Fuel Pump (hotwired of course!)
**Full Custom Twin Stainless Exhaust system, de-catted (the noise is incredible!)
**EK2 Modified downpipe
**FPR
**Clear Indicator set
**Later rear light assembly
**Hella Headlamp Upgraded
**New Window regulator and clamp tray (expensive fix!)
**Cover Injector Harness
**Cover Plenum, Harness
**Custom Powder coated Rocker covers
**Polished Y pipe
**Magnecor KV85 Ignition Lead Kit
**Mikalor Clamps on Boost Pipes etc
**New Cambelt, tensioners pulleys and water pump (as precaution)
**4 very good Tyres, Fronts brand new (thanks to the council pothole!!)
**19" Lenso Muse Alloys
**Alpine Ice, custom build hidden Subwoofer enclosure
**99-spec Sail Panels
**Custom fabricated Quick-Shift
**Brushed Ally Sill Cover Plates
**Fresh new Heatsheilding
**Chrome mesh grill kit
**Full suspension check over following damaging an alloy on a pothole and with a full clean bill of health

........... OH I could go ON and ON and on and... Much of the car has been effectively turned back to standard-ish spec and to retain value of this soon-to-be appreciating rare beast, I havent gone overboard with the many stupid mods you see ruining so many of these gorgeous machines. This car can be turned back to standard if so wished relatively easy.

Other features of the GTO are:

**Full climate control & Air Conditioning (fully gassed and nice and cold)
**Electronically controlled Suspension
**Active Auto Front & Rear Aero Spoilers (Raise/Lower at 65mph, cut out at 35mph)
**4WD & 4WS
**Electric Folding Mirrors & Electric Windows
**Electric adjustable Seat with lumber control
**Glass 'Moon-Roof' (RARE on the Mk1 GTO's & even rarer with the factory cover!)
**Cruise Control
**ABS
**Airbags & Side Impact bars

The bodywork is good and completely RUST FREE both onthe underside and on top. The bonnet has a few stonechips and if I am being MEGA picky there are a few small marks here and there given the age of the car bu ton the whole this car is in fabulous condition and the paint has such a deep lustre due to regular 3-stage clay & Carnuba swirl reducing treatments. There are absolutely NO tears or rips on the interior and all is as it should be in the cabin... everything works!

To drive this animal is to REALLY appreciate it. Whilst the car has never been thrashed, it has certainly been 'opened up' as it should. I can personally vouch for the sheer performance of the car as I have driven it and sat at over 160mph (of course not on UK roads!!! :D )and it was smooth, powerful with plenty still left I can tell you! The Active Aeros pulled the car closer to the road and the big GTO simply glided along that road. With the ECS on sports mode the car can be thrown around corners that would usually defy a car that weighs 3916lbs (with me in it!)

If you are going to invest in one of these cars I would go out on a limb and state that there probably isnt another one out there like it in the condition or well looked after state that this has been treated to. Plus add to the mix that there are no nastly bodykits or silly spoilers or cheapo pods and huge on show ICE etc. The car genuinely is unspoilt.

NOW THE INTERESTING STUFF:

I have, for this already amazingly quick car, Two rather nice, rather larger turbo's with a mere 200 miles on them, and a full set of 550 Injectors. To complete the conversion I also have a brand new (still in the wrapper) MAFT PRO to rid the car of its 420-450bhp restriction.

As you can appreciate, this little bit of kit alone runs into thousands and add it to the already vast supporting mods on the car and you have a real Lambo-killer on your hands!!! :eek:

I am prepared to sell this seperately or with the car for an additional sum. This is not for the faint hearted and WILL give this car a very large shot of testosterone! All parts, once again, are of the best quality on the market.
I will also be supplying the new owner with a full set of brand new NGK Platinum tipped plugs - the very best and worth around £100.

Finally the car is currently wearing a rather special plate... GTO 8N which again I am happy to sell with the car for an additional fee.

Where do even start to price such a unique car? Well I have to put a price on here so I'll start with the following but please... I wont be entertaining much movement on the price as you can appreciate this car already owes not just thousands... but in the tens of thousands!

£5700 - in it's current guise minus Private Plate & additional tuning bits
£1100 - to be added if you want the large turbo's (you can sell the existing ones!) larger injectors & the Maft Pro unit
£800 - to be added if you want the Private Plate

SO... I've rattled on enough now so I guess it is time for the pictures. Enjoy......

n754489807_1465742_3381.jpg

n754489807_1465747_7971.jpg

n754489807_1465743_3608.jpg

n754489807_1465746_7740.jpg

Here is just a small sample of receipts and previous MOT's I have for the car...

There are CD Manuals and a CD of photos of works done to the car too.....

GTODOCS1.jpg

GTODOCS2.jpg

.. here are the "I'm being anally clean now" shots... Polished door shuts and unworn interior and of course the hidden subwoofer and amp...

ddd.jpg

eee.jpg

ccc.jpg

bbb.jpg

fff.jpg

Now on ebay with 22 watchers already!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280549877257&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Latest posts