OG vw 34 pict 3

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thejinx

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been given a box of carbs inside is an original VW
34 pict 3 It seems to all there. problem is it is Mixed in with another carb. I could probably muddle through and sort it out but how much would it be to get rebuilt and who does it. They guy who gave me the box says it’s all there he took it apart boxed it and never went back. I have looked at Rob and Dave’s page on the subject it doesn’t look that hard???

Last edited:
Cleaning seems to be the bit that most miss out on. I’d put it all back together and just try it. The only thing that looks a little daunting is if it’s weeping through the spindles. That still only requires a new bush I believe, but that’s where I’d be more inclined to take it to an engineering place in case it needed reeming out to fit the bush, that’s deffo not in my department but cleaning out and gaskets and rebuilding a carb shouldn’t be a biggy. I would need a magnifying glass to make out what the small print says but apart from that it’s simples. Maybe give it a good shot and just try the carb on the drive, if it looks good, go around the block, then perhaps a little further afield until you trust it. My ‘Worry’ is always, so why did someone pull it all apart ?

Ozziedog,,,,,,, unless I did it,,,,, and that would be because I’m a plonker:)

Latest posts