Oil bath

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darren2030

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi fellas

Will be soon putting an oil bath filter back on the bus as want to go back to stock etc but realised the inside flap for the actuator/thermostat on the bottom on the filter is missing (small round thing) the one for the crankcase breather is there and works fine would I still be able to use the filter without this part working I have heard people say that the actuators hardly ever work anyway any advice would be great cheers 👍

Darren

You will probably notice it more in winter I think as it pulls in warm air from the lower tin. I think the filter uiubgor from me had it, no idea if it's swappable or how easy it might be.....

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Hi

Yeh that’s what I thought it did mate I suppose I would be ok using it as me old bus only comes out when it’s warm I never use him in the winter and it’s got to be still better than the chrome one I had on there should I block the two tiny holes on the top of the filter as the actuator/thermo is redundant and what about the warm air pipe is it still worth putting a pipe on there mate!?

Cheers
Darren

If it's not working I would leave the warm air intake off and block the tin. Leave the vacuum ports disconnected and make sure the carb end is blocked as well. If you can find a way to get the flap sorted then it will probably make a difference for the spring and autumn months

Ok mate Cheers I think I’ve heard that there quite hard to get hold off but if I do manage to find one I’ll put it on and use it Cheers for ya help bud

Darren

Hiya mate Na it’s this one dude think that’s an older version bud this one has a flap inside the filter which opens and shuts accordingly but cheers thou fella

Sorry for jumping into this post. I have this bit on my van, but on the round plastic bit that clips on, there is a spigot that looks like it should have a small bore hose attached. Can anyone advise if there should be something there or if so, where does it go?
Darren, if you want photos of the unit, give me shout and I'll send some.
Thanks
Aardvark

Sorry for jumping into this post. I have this bit on my van, but on the round plastic bit that clips on, there is a spigot that looks like it should have a small bore hose attached. Can anyone advise if there should be something there or if so, where does it go?
Darren, if you want photos of the unit, give me shout and I'll send some.
Thanks
Aardvark

I found this diagram helpful for the connections
2c0a54d3c78e9e0ab8d36e145449ee43.jpg

Excellent. Exactly the info I need. I dont have the hoses on the top connected either.
Thanks very much.
Aardvark

Hi very useful diagram mate cheers and thanks Aardvark pics would be good bud... looking at the diagram I don’t actually have the hose connection (h) on my single port vw manifold but there is one further to left nearer the cylinder heads which is currently blocked off does this port do the same thing do ya reckon!?

Cheers
Darren

Latest posts