Oil Cooler size and mounting for 1776

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dubselector

Supporting Member
Reaction score
While I am waiting for my 1776 lump to be built I've been scratching my head looking at oil cooler set ups. I would love a fan assisted 72 row cooler but as I have belly pans fitted there is no obvious place to mount it. I will be running twin 34 ICTs and a dual quiet pack so nothing too massive in power output, so would a 24 or 48 row mounted under the leisure battery tray be enough ?
Any pics or thoughts would be welcome, cheers

Do you really need one? Propper install of tin etc the stock one does well. Get your motor in and see. My 2027cc runs just fine without. And driven hard fully loaded in Spain and s. France it rarely hits high temp. Poke trikky2 he lives in the sun with a stock cooler.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

As six says, there is no need to fit a different one than stock, another thing to go wrong and worry about etc etc :mrgreen:

If you still want a cooler, contact Mocal direct and they should be able to point you in the right direction for one of their smaller, say 13 row, coolers.

I got mine mounted under ns battery tray. it's mounted forward and doesn't sit in direct sight of the tyre if I use a golf size filter but I run a diesel filter. It's bigger, a lucky stone could take it out but 12000 miles and all is well

six said:
I got mine mounted under ns battery tray. it's mounted forward and doesn't sit in direct sight of the tyre if I use a golf size filter but I run a diesel filter. It's bigger, a lucky stone could take it out but 12000 miles and all is well

If your worried about stones then fit mudflaps :)

Trikky2 said:
six said:

If your worried about stones then fit mudflaps :)

mmm flaps!

big rally style jobs will do it. id feel like an over protective parent!

I fitted mine between the rear torsion tube and the last chassis rail. Didn't like the idea of it being behind the rear wheel even with mud flaps fitted.
Hoses are a bit longer but requires shorter hoses to a cooler if I fit one.

Latest posts