Oil pressure relief valve stuck.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thejinx

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I brought this up before but never got around to dealing with it as I’ve not been out in the bus. The oil pressure relief valve is stuck in the case. Mine is a dual relief and it is the back one (back of van) tried the 12mm tap it hasn’t gripped it, even tried disconnecting the central HT lead and turning the van over. When I push the tap up I can hear it connect and I can feel a bit of movement up but I can’t get the bugger out. Any other ideas and what happens if I can’t get it out. Cheers all

We had the same problem with our refurbed engine, it blew the oil filter and oil cooler seals... engine builder pulled the engine out to remove it

This how far I have this oil pressure valve moved. I just can’t get it the last few mm. I may have to buy the tool as the 12mm tap isn’t playing

It sounds like yours is really stuck, so I am not sure if it would work, but I've used a piece of decking wood, shaped to fit in the end of the valve, then tapped on the end of the wood with a mallet to get it 'stuck' in the end of the valve, then I gave it a slight twist and pull to get it out.

You could give it a try before spending money on the tap? :character0036:

cunning plan said:
It sounds like yours is really stuck, so I am not sure if it would work, but I've used a piece of decking wood, shaped to fit in the end of the valve, then tapped on the end of the wood with a mallet to get it 'stuck' in the end of the valve, then I gave it a slight twist and pull to get it out.

You could give it a try before spending money on the tap? :character0036:
Who said we can’t learn everyday? That’s some good tip right there if you don’t have the tap or tool👌

Abel

Latest posts