• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Old engine for sale. SOLD!!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gas1man

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
Dormobile
Anybody interested in my old engine. Drove it 202 miles to have it taken out and replaced with a new one.

So yes it was running before the engine builder removed it.
In all honesty, I would split it and rebuild it before using it, but I am moving and am losing my garage.
I refurbished it when I bought it and did a top end and end float fix and new valves.
Did not do the pistons other than decoke what I could get to.
And the all important, No detectable End Float.

I need to have it gone ASAP, please.
You will have to come and fetch it obviously, I work full time so during the week after 5:30 and for weekends
we can arrange something that suits us both.
What you see in the photo's is what you get. I am not out to pull it to pieces so it goes as is.

It is a 1584 dual port that originally must have come from a beetle.The 3rd bolt for the moustache bar is missing.
( I never bothered with it. :shock: ) Engine no: AD166777X Made between September 17 1970 and 27 June 1971.
No split where the oil pressure sensor goes. Carb, clutch, air cleaner and heat exchangers all included.

After a quick scan of what's available I think £500 is a fair price.

Forgot to say I live in Somerset TA10.

Thanks for looking. Donation made.

J & P
:D :D :D

Need this gone ........................£300.00
£200.00 discount :lol: :lol:

(If I have to keep it, I will rebuild in a few years time, if still around. :lol: :lol: )

But you have to fetch. I will throw in all the extra bits that I have lying around.

J & p
:D :D :D

Latest posts