Overiders shapes and sizes

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bay_Buster

Reaction score
Hello again helpful internet people :D

So, my resto guy announced he had bashed about the overiders, got them looking sweet on the bumpers and sprayed everything up ready for new bits of rubbers and bolts etc. So I went and ordered four new bump strips for the overiders... got them down to the unit and saw/remembered that two of my overiders are smaller than the other two.

It's been that long since I looked in the box of bumper bits I'd completely forgotten. Does anybody know if it's normal to have a larger front or rear set of overiders? I know you can buy the large ones new, but I've not seen the small ones for sale anywhere and not seen the bump strips for them either. The writing on the back of the original small bump strips reads "GETEFO GIMETALL" and google recons they were an OEM for VW back in the day.

I seem to remember the small overiders being on the front bumper when I bought the van, way way back.

As always any info is much appreciated!

Having just done mine , I can tell you that the one one the left in the first pic is the correct one.
I have them back and front. I don't recognise the other one but someone will be along soon to help.
I have a small suspicion that it is an older type, or from a Beetle. Not sure. Looking at the profile it looks correct???

J & P
:D :D :D

The taller one is what I have and what I've seen most often.

The shorter ones, according to Friday evening brain at least, are a rarer US spec. They wouldn't be paired with the taller ones, but that does not mean you can't do it!

Thanks guys. I managed to travel back in time and get a picture of when I bought the van - the short overiders were indeed fitted on the front bumper:

I will try and do some more digging around the net about the US spec ones over the next few days, see if anything comes up. My only other lead that I've stumbled across is maybe someone modified some Porsche 911 overiders to fit? Seem to be a similar profile, and right period, but I've no idea on their size :?
New Porsche 911 Overiders

Latest posts