Pain in the bum fuse blowing ...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

ok, the rear lights on my 69 keep giving problems - have had the fittings out and cleaned up all the connections - they work but the fuse for the side lights keeps blowing now and again ... now when i check with meter looks like theres a short in the feed to the rear lights - do I have any other options other than rip the loom out to check where its shorting ?

Let me know any thoughts ....

i had a similer trouble when i had to refit my dash and it was the switch earthing on the dash i got a few wires a bit backwards.
good luck

i had a similer trouble when i had to refit my dash and it was the switch earthing on the dash i got a few wires a bit backwards.
good luck

Check your earths is the best bet and if these seem fine check all the wires are not earthing out to anything, it causes endles grief if this happens. :wink:

Would also of suggested mixed up wiring, but could be the earth!

It's all part of the fun though! You know how chuffed you will be when you work it out!

:D

Weird thing is I thought id sorted it a couple of times by cleaning up the rear light fittings, etc. - it was alright for a few months and then just started happening randomly - i havent done any re-wiring - just dont want to have to trace the whole wire as I assume the loom runs between the floor and belly pans ?

The loom can be in a few tight spots :shock:

You coul also try changing the location of the earths. I did this when my rear lights were going mad, and they have been fine ever since. :wink:

Cheers, might give that a try - another job to do for the winter lay-up - Im lucky to have a garage big enough to fit the van in - just no room left to work in it !!

Latest posts