Panel van conversion

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dapper

Reaction score
Is it possible to get the panels that go round the windows inside normal camper vans that are missing in panel van conversions?

Yes mate, second hand ones are a bit tricky to source but they can be found. New ones are easier to source but I think you have to buy the complete panel down to and including the arch but these are mostly available for later bays, but you`ll still need the inner window panel and I haven`t seen these for sale new though they `may ' be available. It`s a bit of a balls ache to do but well worth it. I`ve done one side and am getting stuck into the near side by the slider as we speak and should finish it this weekend. It involves drilling out several zillion spotwelds and re plugging them ;) You`ll also need different glass and new rubbers . If you need photos,, give me a shout on the weekend :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,, Looks loads better :mrgreen:

:shock: Yeah George is right ^^^ I thought and probably didn`t read it right, that you was trying to put windows in an allready converted panel van :oops:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,But if I am right ^^^ that`s how to do it :mrgreen:

Mine already has the windows cut into the panels but the inside part around the window is single skin and look rubbish. I want the inner panel around the window may be its called the inner skin or something. Are these available?

Hey Dapper, that`s the ones that I`m not sure about them inner panels. But the inner panels will `not ' fit your panel conversion as the windows are a completely different shape and follow the shape of the outer window panel on regular vans
690.jpg

^^^ That`s the panel conversion from the outside

686.jpg

^^^ That`s the panel conversion from the inside

695.jpg

^^^ That`s the bus with the panel out completely

038.jpg

^^^ That`s the bus with the window offered up, but only the outer panel

040.jpg

^^^ That`s the inner panel facing you , resting against the outer panel that`s behind it in this photo if that makes sense :mrgreen:

040.jpg

^^^ and that`s the inner panel on it`s own

I do hope that clears it up a bit, but if anyone can make it confusing, that`ll be me :lol:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,Even I`m confused now :lol: ;) :lol:

PS. That was going really well until I edited it :lol:

Bottom line Oz is that you did a damn fine job fella 8) You should offer to do dappers :msn4:

Just

I just realised I buggered the photos up big time :roll: :roll: :roll: only to be expected I suppose :lol:

697.jpg

^^^That should be the outer frame panel offered up to the bus. If you look in through the windows in the various photos, you`ll see the other side is allready done (last year I think) :mrgreen:

171.jpg

^^^ that`s the new side

IMG_4466.jpg

^^^ that`s the old panel conversion

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,, What`s the chances of this being right,,,,,,,,,,,, where`s the fingers crossed smiley :mrgreen:

Oh,,,,,,,,, Thanks Just, ^^^ I just got carried away with the photos and forgot to answer you dude :mrgreen: Only problem with me doing anything for anyone is,,,, they might need there bus before the end of the century :lol:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,, MULTI TASKING,,,,,,,,, that`s for girls !! :lol: :roll: :lol:

Latest posts