Perransands - Cornwalls worst campsite

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave M

Reaction score
I have recently returned from a weeks stay at the Haven site at perran sands & feel I have to write to to inform others about the appalling standards on the touring facilaties on that site. I have camped all over the country in many different types of campsite over the last 15 years & have never been subjected to such poor standards of general hygiene & maintenance. The toilet & shower block was disgusting with deep ingrained dirt & very limited cleaning. After 2 nights stay (and the same dirty used cotton buds remaining untouched on a shelf in the shower) we were greated by a sign informing us the block was closed all day for a deep clean. My family were pleased to see something was being done & looked forward to using the clean toilets & shower. When the block reopened later that evening we went to use them only to find they had only been mopped at the very most. Worse still the thick brown dirt & used cotton buds remained untouched for the remaining five days of our stay. The campsite was by far the most expensive site I have ever stayed at, but unfortunetly the sites standards do not match. My family were really looking forward to our first ever stay at a Haven site, but instead spent all week planning other places where we could use toilet & shower facility's as we found the sites too dirty too use. I feel that the problem is not just about cleaning, but the managements overall running of the site. It is plainly obvious these areas are never checked as the dirt & ingrained grime does not build up to this kind of level overnight.

Thats terrible!
Just think!....you could have been staying at the wonderful Tollgate Farm campsite (just accross the way from the Haven site!).
Tollgate = Lovely family run site...super clean...natural.....peacefull (and no crappy bar/entertainments)......BLISS
(and a pets area with pygmy goats etc!)

I stayed at Trevornick last week and I'd definitely go back. One funny moment though, a girl actually complained that one of the toilet blocks was closed for cleaning one afternoon. She said to the guy "when I booked this, nowhere did it say that the toilets would be closed for cleaning!"
I laughed my socks off.

we stayed there about 5 years ago and it was bad then and we made a complaint to the management about the cleanliness and they said there are cleaned every day but we never saw anyone one doin it,sounds like nothing changed

lhu128l said:
write to the head office and complain ,complain, complain

It's this that I hate about some UK sites, bit like the poor standards you get in someother customer facing businesses.

better still write to the managing director at the head office ... find his name out and write to him has most effect.

If you cant let us have the full company name from their brochure etc someone might be able to look up the details for you.

bit late but only just working my way round the site ,try watergate bay touring park ,we stay there every year ,its family run ,clean and you can take your dog but they are very strict with keeping them on leads if you are not on the dog walking fieled .kids love it there .allso free bus to the beach .

Latest posts