Pertronix - Well impressed

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sydney1

Reaction score
Easy to fit (once you locate the grommet in the dissy) and even though the engine was running fine prior to the change over it pulls so much better throughout the rev range and especialy up hills.
I was initially surprised at the cost when you look what is inside the box (a couple of wires coming out of a little black blob of plastic on a metal ring) but if anyone is thinking about it, GO FOR IT!

Echo exactly what Sydney1 said - just fitted mine and everything seems much more...'even'!

I hope to be impressed too :lol: also getting some new webbers for the bus :) hoping that's the end of the flat spot and that the bus aint so thirsty

Baz

I,ll let you know Tezzah, im putting on a new Bosch vac dizzy, pertronix,new Bosch coil, new leads, new plugs, and a service, oil change etc,..........it better run sweet or im going be very cross, and then find a Subaru engine for sale somewhere :lol: :lol:

.......................................kev

Went for 1. As I underatand it, the 2 is more resilient if you manage to leave the ignition turned on for more than say 5 or 10 minutes and not planning to do that!

I am also impressed, but did have a Pertronix 1 fail on me (and not due to leaving the ignition on).

My understanding is that you can blow the Pertronix 1 if you leave the ignition on for only 90 seconds with the engine not running.

I was well impressed with the kit

Got one fitted to a 009 dizzy and a flame thower coil

currently for sale £100 if anyone wants it

New engine has got a Berg Stinger :D :D :D :D :D :D

Latest posts