piece of shit (71 westy)

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me and batman will be bringing ours :)

It's my daughters 3rd birthday today, so we had fish and chips in the van, in the harbour at Padstow while the rain cleared up
null_zps50facfd3.jpg

after dinner we asked what she would like to do, she (and the boy) wanted to go crab fishing, we even caught a baby jellyfish
null_zps591a5c3c.jpg

More picture whoring
null_zpsc14908ce.jpg

The classic watergate bay shot
null_zps80a232df.jpg

And a little early late fun
null_zpsa45a82ef.jpg

Lost a head light rim. Somewhere on the A30
null_zpsd2a1a2d3.jpg

T4 had some good advice
null_zpse817d88d.jpg

Pretending its broke down was good for parking on yellows outside parks
null_zpsa411590c.jpg

null_zpsf6f641cf.jpg

We travelled across to Mevigussey for the day
null_zps181c8a2b.jpg

Then the drive home. 10 days nearly 900 miles. £242 in petrol and £13 on accommodation.
All packed up and ready to hit the road
null_zps47ea1ab0.jpg

null_zpse6a7b436.jpg

Yo dawg I heard you like trailers, so we've put a trailer on your trailer
null_zpsa6d38be0.jpg

Life in the middle lane
null_zps616c1eec.jpg

Lovely sunset
null_zpsf73b1bd6.jpg

I think it's settled even lower. 3 splines on the rear fully loaded was a treat. Might raise it a spline then lower it back down on the adjusters
null_zpsb002bf63.jpg

null_zps3969ee1a.jpg

Who says Slammed campers are all show and no go

Nice to see the family enjoying it mate 8)

Just awesome fella....great pics!

--------------------------------
Own a Bay?......Feel the love!

Cheers men! Was fun. I was sat at about 60mph, which was good! But it really struggled on the hills. Second gear on the A30 is a bit worrying with cars passing like your at a stand still. I was gonna have a big engine built over winter but don't think funds will stretch. If I rebuild my engine, updated cam, 1641 barrels and pistons and a big webber carb, with 1303 gear box. Do you think I could crews at 65/70mph?

I just wanna use it more. Maybe France next year

Good work Ashley Simnett, looks like you and the fam had a blast!

I'd keep the 1600 b&p if I were you and stick a 110 or C35 cam in there, VS exhaust and twin 34s. Possibly get your crank assembly balanced and lightened and Maybe even have a go at a mild port and polish job yourself. You can keep it easy if you don't go overboard.

Slammed said:

I'd keep the 1600 b&p if I were you and stick a 110 or C35 cam in there, VS exhaust and twin 34s. Possibly get your crank assembly balanced and lightened and Maybe even have a go at a mild port and polish job yourself. You can keep it easy if you don't go overboard.

I'd go with this Ash, at least for a couple of years.

sparkywig said:
Slammed said:

I'd go with this Ash, at least for a couple of years.

Nice one Ollie and Si

Cheers the bus did us well and we all had a blast

Slammed said:

:)

Thinking about it, keeping small capacity you will want low end torque as you're never going to be revving over 4000 rpm, so you could just go Engle 100 cam or even keep it stock as thats what they are designed for. Even just upjetting the stock carb or moving over to a twin choke progressive will up the power where you want it.

Latest posts