piece of shit (71 westy)

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great pics Ash glad you all had a cool time.
Tell me one thing and one thing only where the feck did you stay for 10 days for 13 quid ?
And don't say in the fleckin van !. :?

bluebay said:
Tell me one thing and one thing only where the feck did you stay for 10 days for 13 quid ?

well ..... erm my Mrs uncle lives in coast side cottage and we stayed on his land. £9.99 bottle of dark rum and £3 aidi flowers for her auntie :D some days we travelled 60 miles each way for days out. So maybe if I could have got a £10 a night pitch it might have been cheaper then fuel ?

We are planning a trip around wales and looking at £6 a night (no hook up) sites. I will need to fit a split charge and a leisures battery first so I can charge all the batteries during the travels

:lol: I see it all makes sense now.I only asked because a lot of the sites have become very expensive now.This is the first year in the last five we've not been down there,other stuff has taken priority but if I could of done it for £13 I would have gone for it !. :D
Cheers Ash.

Phil.

dubscum said:
bluebay said:

well ..... erm my Mrs uncle lives in coast side cottage and we stayed on his land. £9.99 bottle of dark rum and £3 aidi flowers for her auntie :D some days we travelled 60 miles each way for days out. So maybe if I could have got a £10 a night pitch it might have been cheaper then fuel ?

We are planning a trip around wales and looking at £6 a night (no hook up) sites. I will need to fit a split charge and a leisures battery first so I can charge all the batteries during the travels

8)

bluebay said:
:lol: I see it all makes sense now.I only asked because a lot of the sites have become very expensive now.This is the first year in the last five we've not been down there,other stuff has taken priority but if I could of done it for £13 I would have gone for it !. :D
Cheers Ash.

Phil.

my mate was quoted £460 for 7 day pitch for camping with a tent. fuck that! Cornwall is starting to get too greedy in my opinion. It's getting harder and harder to find these little fishing village's that rick stein hasn't opened a restaurant. Everywhere we went was £5 plus to park. This was equaled out but buying our evening meals from Aidi and cooking in the bus. I like the hunt for a bargain. Having a amazing holiday on the cheap ..... I can spend money on the things we like, quality vintage stuff etc. But coffee's. Car parks and stuff, I can do better and cheaper :lol: If we didn't have a cheap plot I'd knocking on a farmers door with £50 in hand asking if I could stay in the corner off a field

burns808 said:
Good to hear you have got over your 'gonna sell this damm thing' phase!!! :lol:

Doing SkegVegas or Action?

using it as a daily at the minute :) (i have a company van too) Not sure about skeg or action, I want to do both but have family commitments both them weekends :?

null_zpsb8a1ed62.jpg

null_zps7bd6ce44.jpg

null_zpsd8586c61.jpg

null_zpsc5e419f2.jpg

null_zpsa204d4bd.jpg

null_zps04900fc4.jpg

3 splines down and slamwerks adjustable spring plates on the highest setting
null_zps3969ee1a.jpg

Not good so it was time to go to 2 splines and lower on the adjusters
null_zps047e0d21.jpg

Got a call and had to nip out lol
null_zps49aee45c.jpg

Redneck engineering! Needed an extra pair of hands. It worked and stopped the bold turning while I undid the nut
null_zps118382aa.jpg

null_zps07725d77.jpg

Slammed static buses are cool but a pain in the arse to work on. This was beached on the jack.... More wood needed
null_zpsccae2ca3.jpg

Back down to where it was (went lower after I jumped on the rear bumpe)
null_zps2297b8c6.jpg

Managed to get a little clearance. Gonna get some horse plates too. Can't face raising the rear
null_zps181f5a7b.jpg

Got squeak on the beam so I greased myself and everything in the garage before I succeeded
null_zps5c64d567.jpg

Very happy with how solid it is underneath
null_zps191511ce.jpg

All done and ready to roll

Get some axle stands under there Ash ,

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Looking good